Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many hours before a nappy soaks through??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many hours before a nappy soaks through??

My 6 day old DS is regularly soaking a Huggies newborn nappy so that his clothes are wet after only a 2-3 hr sleep! Does this sound crazy? I'm running out of clothes!!

Originally posted by CountryGirl77 View Post
    My 6 day old DS is regularly soaking a Huggies newborn nappy so that his clothes are wet after only a 2-3 hr sleep! Does this sound crazy? I'm running out of clothes!!
    is the nappy soaked or is he peeing out the side?? sorry just that when they are teeny tiny newborns the nappies tend not to fit as well and little boys are renound for peeing out the side or the top lol. but otherwise if the nappy is totally full i would say he is a champion i have a 22month old and she doesn't fill a nappy through the night and i would have to leave her in it for about 5 hours during the day for her to soak a huggies and she drinks a lot of water

Comment

Are you pointing his boy bits downwards?

Comment

We had this happen too but as soon as we changed from the unisex new born to the smallest boy sized ones the wet throughs stopped. Still get the occasional poo explosion but the strategically placed padding obviously works.

Comment

Yep, his boy bits are pointing down and the wetness seems to soak through the back of the nappy. He's feeding like a champion but the amount of times I've had to completely change him is a bit ridiculous! It sounds like it's not really normal to see this problem. I heard there were problems with some of the Huggies nappies at the moment but didn't think it was with the newborn ones?

Comment

Originally posted by CountryGirl77 View Post
            Yep, his boy bits are pointing down and the wetness seems to soak through the back of the nappy. He's feeding like a champion but the amount of times I've had to completely change him is a bit ridiculous! It sounds like it's not really normal to see this problem. I heard there were problems with some of the Huggies nappies at the moment but didn't think it was with the newborn ones?
            nah i'm pretty saw it was the walker size but i guess they could have problems with others too. how big is he? could you go up to the infant size if they fit and it might help hold some more of the wee

Comment

Unfortunately he's only a little fella - 6lb 2oz - so not much chance of going up a size for a good while yet :/

Comment

I think I used to change them every 3/4 hours but they wouldn't soak through. I'd try a different brand...I'm not a fan of huggies.

Comment

We had that a lot when he was a newbie, especially with huggies. May try the Aldi mamia nappies, best we've had so far. They do tend to leak a lot more when they are newbornes though.

Comment

I would try a different brand...i had nothing but trouble using huggies newborns...so annoying since i stocked up on bulk boxes at the sales. Maybe try aldi, they worked better for me. you could also try putting a cloth nappy over the top?

Comment

Re: How many hours before a nappy soaks through??

Run your finger around the legs and make sure the plastic frilly bits are all out. That'll help contain the wetness.

I found Huggies newborn nappies not the best when DS was very small. I preferred the Babylove ones as they fit his tiny legs a bit better. Huggies were better when he was a little bigger.

Comment

Working...
                      X