Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dh refers to his mum as mum not Nana to the kids.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some men regress to be a juvenile around their mothers, like they slip quickly back into a child role. Maybe having his mother living with you is messing with his head and he's seeing himself and your children as "the children" and his mother as "the mother". Not sure where that leaves you...
    "This too, shall pass."

Comment

To be honest, I do this and I'm in no way a regressed woman-child l. It's just habit, since I'm referring to my mum. I interchange with 'grandma' all the time but yeah, there's nothing hidden to it

Comment

I think the “my” is a missing link which turns it on it’s head a bit. Have you asked him just to add in “my” or “your” so the kids have more clarity on which mum he’s meaning.

Comment

it’s plain f**king weird, sorry OP. would any of us refer to our own fathers as “dad” when talking to our kids? no. you’d say grandad/pop/whatever you call a grandad. he should, at very least, be saying MY mum, to distinguish between her and you (real mum). sure they’re old enough to know the difference, but it sets the tone for a weird dynamic. i’d be annoyed too. have you discussed it with him?

Comment

Working...
          X