Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

**spin off** baby bonus thread - how much did you NEED to set bub up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **spin off** baby bonus thread - how much did you NEED to set bub up?

Regardless of what the baby bonus was or what you recieved, do you have a ball park figure of what you had to spend to get set up with bubs?

I haven't worked it out yet, but probably should!

Not really as everything was bought beforehand, not after baby was born.

Comment

yeh thats what i meant - how much did it cost you to get set up for bubs roughly

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedV View Post
        Not really as everything was bought beforehand, not after baby was born.
        This.

We needed everything a lot sooner than the BB came through.

Comment

I was 19 when I had my first. I applied for a 5k personal loan while pregnant and that paid for EVERYTHING for the house for me and bub and EVERYTHING I needed for the baby. 5k is alot if you are wise with it.

I was given a cot, but you can cheap enough if you shop around.

Comment

I didn't need to spend too much but that was because i got given a lot of things (like bags of second hand baby/child clothes, blankets, a bouncer, play mat and then new presents when bub was born).
            I bought a cot/change table package that was $600 i think and a car seat (can't remember how much that was) and a pram (a cheaper one, about $300) a highchair (cheap one) and that was it.
            So setting up, for me, wasn't really a huge expense.
            I guess it depends what you feel you need, you could go really nuts buying things and if you want top of the range stuff it is going to be very expensive. Also if you have to buy every single thing yourself it will add up quickly, even if you go with more budget options.

Comment

It didn't cost us much I think roughly it was
              cot mil gave us
              bassinette my mum brought us
              change table mil brought us
              car seat $120 for kmart
              pram $150 from target
              nappy bag $25 from big w
              clothes about $700 from size 0000 to a 0 (ds1was born 9lb 7 1/2oz so never used 0000)
              blankets/sheets/lambs wool $150
              bouncer $5 at a garage sale
              bits and pieces (bottles teats formula thingy dummy's dummy chains bottle bag) $60

Comment

For us - we bought prior to first baby.

Car seat 400
                Change table 150
                Random bits of clothes - I only bought 4 sets of white and singelets in 0000, 000. And 8 muslin wraps.
                20 MCN- little ripples
                Deep freezer to stock extra food -400.

Cot, pram, bassinet and everything else was gifts from family and friends.

Comment

Re: **spin off** baby bonus thread - how much did you NEED to set bub up?

I think all up it cost about 1500 to set up for DS. Second hand pram and bouncer. The big expenses I had were car seat, portacot with new mattress, steriliser and my dad bought a baby bath with a stand which cost some stupid amount of money that I had to give back to him once we got the BB.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

Comment

I spent a lot but was excited for my first baby! I spent $4300 at baby warehouse but that was for everything - car seat, cot, swing, mattress, linen, breast pump, rocking chair, sterilizer, monitor , high chair general stuff and a bugaboo! Plus my Dr fees cost another $5000 so close to $9000 for everything! We were not entitled to baby bonus anyway so it never entered into it
                    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 22-10-2012, 18:39.

Comment

we were going to assume about 5K to set most things up (i.e. the expensive stuff like pram, cot, carseat , furniture) and i think our doctors fee's will be about 4k so we're assuming about 9K (Just like Elijah's Mum!). If i cant get some thing 2nd hand though, that might save a bit. You can get some great 2nd baby items online these days on ebay, gumtree, buyswap&sell etc.

Comment

Gosh I can barely remember.

Cot & basinette- hand me downs $0
                        Cot mattress- $150
                        Car capsule- around $250 I think
                        Pusher- $400
                        Pram- $100 (off gumtree)
                        Bouncer- $100
                        Other stuff- $500-$1000 approx.
                        Baby clothes/maternity clothes- $500 approx

So around $2k, but would have been a lot more if we hadn't got the cot and bassinet.

Baby #2 I've bought a new bassinet as the old one busted. $200 And i splashed out on a baby swing which I didn't have with DS $200. A few more maternity clothes as I've been UTD in a different season $200. I've bought a couple of outfits just for fun $100. And that's it. Eventually we will have to get a new cot mattress $150. So under $1k.

Oops ETA I got a double pram off ebay for $80 (score of the century)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Comment

For us...

Cot - free - second hand from my cousin
                          Pram - gift from DHs grandma
                          Cot mattress - $110 (new)
                          Change table - $120
                          Bedding - about $70
                          Basinett - $25 second hand
                          Basinett matress - $20 (new)
                          Bouncer - free gift from my bro and sil
                          Toys - all gifts
                          Clothing - all gifts or passed down second hand
                          Car seat - $60 ( have since purchased a safe n sound meridian $500)

Most other bits and pieces were gifts or we bought as we went along as DD needed them

Thats about it i think. You really dont need that much realistically.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Comment

It depends what you want. I don't do the designer prams/cots etc. so it wasn't much, but I can't remember exactly now as it was 5 years ago.

I bought my cot from target on special for $150 and my son has just outgrown in, but it will last this next baby.

I bought a steelcraft pram for maybe $250 brand new. It didn't last 2 children, but only because of mould.

Baby seat was $400 maybe, but that was a gift from my mum and dad.

I also had a bassinet brand new which cost $100.

Change table with combined bath $150

They were the big items, maybe a few hundred on clothes, blankets, wraps, toys, play mats, swing etc.

Comment

I spent WELL over 5k. I got rid of everything last year because we weren't going to have more kids. Now that I'm pregnant again we will need to buy everything.

List of what will need for coming baby (list of what I did buy for DD would take too long haha)

Car seat $500
                              Cot $500
                              Mattress $150
                              Charge table $300
                              High chair $300
                              Carrier $200
                              Monitor $200
                              Chest of draws $300
                              Pram (first one was $1200 next will only be about $500)
                              Breast pump $200 minimum.
                              Bottles/sterilisers $100 minimum.

That's just the standard necessities

Comment

Working...
                              X