Reward chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reward chart

So I've just got some reward stickers and a chart. For those that use one what do you have on there. So far I've thought of.

Keep room clean/ put toys back in room
    Go to sleep on time
    Get ready for school
    Something about eating dinner and
    No nagging lol?

What other things should I put? I like the idea of focusing on things I'm having trouble with. Instead of just general good behaviour. What would you put?
    Attached Files

How old is the child?

Comment

I'd probably put a time on there -like

Get ready for school by 8.30am
      Put toys away in room at 4pm
      Eat dinner within 20 minutes

Make sense? I think what you've got there is great but just a little too vague and could open you up to arguments depending on the age of the child.

Have you figured out what rewards you'll give too?

Comment

She is 5 next Thursday. Yes great ideas bunnyhugs thanks. I'm not sure what rewards. I dont want to reward with toys. I don't feek right about giving her a new toy each week she behaves. I was thinking of having like activity/outting rewards where I could ask her is there something special she would like to do. That way she has some choice kind of thing.

Comment

Bump for the morning crowd :-)

Comment

Maybe you could start with what you have and in a few weeks when she is in a routine with her jobs you could swap them or add to the list so its not a big overload at once?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Comment

DD is 7, a bit older but on hers she also has being good to her brother and doing what's she asked.

Comment

I would have all the ones you have and
                Make bed
                Put dirty clothes in basket
                Put dishes in sink
                Have shower
                Pack bag for school/preschool

Comment

I think they are all great ideas for her age, I love Bunnyhugs idea for time limits, I'm going to pinch that one.

For rewards we use choosing a video or movie for saturday night, a trip to the park on Friday afternoon or, my kids favorite, a hot chocolate at the cafe.

Comment

I've kept it simple with DD, I picked four things I really want her to focus on - didn't want her to get overwhelmed and discouraged if it was all a bit much to worry about.

A big one for me is taking dishes to the kitchen after finishing dinner.

Comment

I have similar to a reward system but each thing has a money amount to it.

Make bed 50c
                      Put dishes on sink 50c
                      Wash dishes $1

There is a whole ot of things she can do for $1, $2, $5 or for smaller amounts.

I use play money. You can get Australian play money from the cheap shops for $2 a set, and a cheap wallet just for that. Each week there are rewards that cost money. Going to the park is $5, having a full morning/afternoon at the park with a picnic is $10. Movie nights at home is $5 (usually a suitable movie comes on tv on friday or saturday). Having a friend over for a play is $2, having a friend sleep over is $10. She pays with play money of course and she can spend it or save it.

Comment

Working...
                      X