Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me feed my family lol

Hi everyone,

I have a 2.5 yo and an 8 month old and I am finding it sooo hard to keep up with lunches and dinners. I barely have time to go to the toilet, let alone spend time in the kitchen cooking. I also really want to avoid T/A or ready-made meals. I enjoy cooking but finding the time is very difficult

PLEASE ladies could you give me some ideas/tips/recipes that I could use to help me feed my family. It is one of the biggest stress times in my day.

Do you have a slow cooker? I recommend investing in one. Just throw all the ingredients in with a bit of stock and you have a meal.

Comment

With winter coming up a slow cooker will help you sooo much!!! It's sooo easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app

Comment

For lunches, freeze everything. Make up sandwiches and freeze them individually, so all you need to do is take out however many you need and let them defrost.

Or buy small chinese plastic containers and freeze leftovers in small toddler-portions for lunches later on. Or you could just do a cook-up and do the same.

Go to taste.com.au and look for recipes you can easily freeze.

Comment

I often make up zucchini slice and freeze it in small portions for lunches. I usually add carrot, corn, pumpkin cubes, whatever vegies I have really. It takes hardly any time to make and its a hit with both kids.

This is the recipe I use..... http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/5546/zucchini+slice

Comment

Thermomix! Seriously best In the kitchen timesaver I ever got

Comment

I got some of the Leonard's mini strudels and chicken patties, dd loves them cos she doesn't know they have Vegies in them quick to cook and fairly healthy

Comment

Oh and great cold for lunches

Comment

Another slow cooker fan here!

I make sausage casserole.

Tinned diced tomatoes
                  Few sausages
                  A pack of frozen veg
                  Beef stock

DS is ten months and loves it!
                  It is a bit messy though

Also good for silversides and curries!

Comment

i feel your pain. I have a 21 month old & 6 month old.

I find these work, just make big batches & store them in medium & small containers for your & your kids food.

swedish meatballs - have sweet potato mash on the side so 8 month old can have some too.

Spinach pie - can be eaten cold or heated up. vegeatables on the side for baby.

Spaghetti bol - veg - garlic bread

Fettucine bosciallo - garlic bread

Roast lamb plus vegies

Quiche & salad

Slow cooker meals are awesome… shove it in in the mid morning then its all done by dinner.

Comment

thank you everyone! Are there any good websites for slow cooker recipes?

Comment

Working...
                      X