Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 year old activities

Hiya!

Been a long time since I’ve been on bubhub!

Wondering what activities people do with their 4 year old? I want to get her into a sport to help getting her moving, social skills ect.

I’m not a dance mum but would consider calisthenics. Perhaps gymnastics.

We do swimming and mums and toddler yoga (the yoga is more aimed and suited to my 18 month old though).

We’re not starting 4 year old kinder until next year, and things like aus kick ect she’s too young for.

Originally posted by Mashie View Post
    Hiya!

Wondering what activities people do with their 4 year old? I want to get her into a sport to help getting her moving, social skills ect.

We do swimming and mums and toddler yoga (the yoga is more aimed and suited to my 18 month old though).

We’re not starting 4 year old kinder until next year, and things like aus kick ect she’s too young for.
    At age 4 my DS took tennis, soccer, touch football, gymnastics and karate (he’s a sport enthusiast)! DD at the same age took soccer, swimming and gymnastics. Both were in a Pre-Prep year at school at age 4and many classes were after school sports, but touch football and karate were outside of school. DD went to a playgroup until she started school but DS didn’t because he had a lot of friends his age who were younger siblings to DDs friends.

Comment

4 year old activities

Originally posted by Mashie View Post
      Hiya!

My nearly 4yo DD does something called kindy sports. It is run by our local rec centre and it teaches kids a variety of skills needed for different sports.

So 1 week they might focus on throwing and catching basketball size balls, small obstacles courses, hitting a golf ball and the next week will be different again. It doesn’t just focus on 1 sport.

It also teaches kids about all the different things our bodies are capable of, hand eye co-ordination, balance, patience all those really important core skills.

Whilst my daughter loves to dance at home, i have never wanted to start her in dancing from an early age, kindy sports have given her so much confidence and has greatly improved her social and listening skills which will then translate over to the sport or activity of her choice. She is really enjoying the tennis lessons and netball lessons, so possibly will look at enrolling her in those in the next 6-12 months if she is still interested.

Comment

Our DD1 3 loved kindergym this year sadly we couldn’t get a spot this year on a day that suited. It was awesome and she really loved it

I’m thinking about what to do instead so I’m interested in others ideas.

Comment

4 year old activities

ds used to do swimming and kinder gym then covid hit. prior to that he’s also done this afl footy based toddlers class (which was run by an afl player as his own side business but that stopped and is no longer available), he’s done gymbaroo in the past, and this thing called music playground (music and singing and movement class).

it’s always been very hit and miss as his listening and level of engagement were not great. knowing what we now know (as a potential aspergers diagnosis) it makes sense; he’s only ever totally interested in doing what follows his own play agenda. but at the time we had no idea and would get upset that he was never following along like the other kids would. anyway that was a bit of an unrelated aside, but we don’t do anything currently. i’m adamant he gets back to swimming (he still can’t swim) but he’s hesitant and i know how difficult it is when he refuses to listen. so yeah, currently he does nothing beyond 4 year old sessional kinder and childcare. that’s 4 days a week and i’m happy for him to have a rest the other days. we will get to swimming eventually somehow.

Comment

At 4, my kids were doing swimming, and ds2 was doing gymnastics until covid.

Now they both do scouts, but they need a sport too. Nether are sporty though so I'm not sure what to do. A kindergym mum who also coaches suggested ninjagym, but they are so unco I don't want them to feel they can't.

I also have issues with ds2 paying attention. Kindergym was becoming a real struggle as he had his own ideas and wouldn't do certain things if he didn't want to. 🙄🤦‍♀️

Honestly, if I can get them to the park to run and play, go for a free walks to rider their scooters or bikes they're happy.

Comment

4 year old activities

My DD is 4.5 & does swimming & dancing (ballet & hip hop) her choice to do both activities. She knows she can stop whenever she feels like it but loves both. She has preschool two days a week also. She is such a social kid & loves to try different things. She’s not really into “sport” as such but does like playing footy in the yard with her cousins.

Comment

Thanks so much!

I should have said DD1 isn’t 4 just yet but just about 4. Unfortunately the ready steady sports ect aren’t back and running in my area just yet (outa suburbs of Melbourne covid ect).

We have a gymnastics trial booked for tomorrow which DD is so excited about. I also just found out daycare have booked some sort of music thing for one of her days this year.

Hopefully gymnastics goes well and then we will book that in for the next few months and see how she likes it.

Comment

Working...
                X