Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tongue thrust reflex?

Hi everyone!

My DD is almost 6.5 months old. We’ve been trying to introduce solids the last two weeks, but 99% of it gets spat back out again. I think she might still have the tongue thrust reflex.

Has anyone experienced this with a bubba past six months old? Stressing out about it a bit!

6 months is a guide. Not all babies are ready at 6 months. Some of mine certainly weren't. Maybe give bub some solids that they can hold and experience putting in their mouth on their own.

Comment

My DD is just over 7 months old and she has only just lost it

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Lily View Post
        My DD is just over 7 months old and she has only just lost it
        Oh thanks that’s reassuring. Did it disappear all of a sudden or gradually over time?

Comment

Originally posted by Mamasupial View Post
          6 months is a guide. Not all babies are ready at 6 months. Some of mine certainly weren't. Maybe give bub some solids that they can hold and experience putting in their mouth on their own.
          Thanks so much for your reassurance. Being a first time mum is stressful!

Comment

Originally posted by Beary View Post
            Oh thanks that’s reassuring. Did it disappear all of a sudden or gradually over time?
            Pretty much just out of nowhere! She's my 4th and I don't remember it taking that long with my other 3 so I was stressed about it but apparently it's very normal [emoji3526]

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Lily View Post
              Pretty much just out of nowhere! She's my 4th and I don't remember it taking that long with my other 3 so I was stressed about it but apparently it's very normal [emoji3526]
              Brilliant thanks! Did you keep persisting with solids in the meantime or give it a break till the reflex was gone?

I guess all babies really are different

Comment

I don't know if it's the right thing to do, I've pretty much just gone with the flow with her but we gave her food anyway. She was very interested in it since she was 5 months old and smashed it when we gave it to her haha! If she just wasn't interested I probably wouldn't have pushed it but still given her little bits. We do a mix of puree and finger foods

Comment

Working...
                X