Cows milk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cows milk

So bubs is 11.5 months and I was planning on weaning her onto cows milk real soon. Just wondering how I go about it? Do I just replace a whole bottle with cows milk or do I mix the formula with a bit of cows milk gradually until it’s just cows milk?
    Any tips and personal experiences would be much appreciated...

I gradually added cows milk until formula tin was used up . I can’t recall number of scoops but I halved the scoops and made up rest with milk. Once tin was used up that was the end of formula .
    My now ex sil just went cold turkey and stopped formula all together and just gave straight milk.

I guess it depends on what you think bub can handle .. also I was not going to throw out a good tin of formula lol.

Comment

I was drinking chocolate milk one day in front of the boy, I often share food with him, he indicated he wanted some, then wouldn't give it back haha!
      That was at roughly 13 months ever since then I give him at least one cup of cows milk a day he absolutely loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason98 View Post
        I was drinking chocolate milk one day in front of the boy, I often share food with him, he indicated he wanted some, then wouldn't give it back haha!
        That was at roughly 13 months ever since then I give him at least one cup of cows milk a day he absolutely loves it.
        Does he have any other milk besides the 1 cup a day?

Comment

My dd was breastfed. I started by stopping her lunchtime breastfeed and giving her a bottle of
          cows milk instead around 13 months then a couple of weeks later I gave her a bottle of milk in the evening (stopped the evening breastfeed) so she was only having one breastfeed a day in the morning. At 14 months I stopped breastfeeding completely and she only had cows milk from then but I didn’t give her any in the morning (she did have weetbix with milk though). She would have 150ml at lunchtime and about 200 at bedtime. She’s 2.5 now and she still drinks about 300ml of milk a day just in a cup now.

Comment

Cows milk

We slowly introduced cows milk to our DD formula at 13 months. I started by adding 60ml cows to 180ml formula for 2 weeks, then half/half for another 2 & so on until it was all cows milk. We did it in 2 week blocks to make sure it wasn’t to much on her tummy, we wanted to make the transition gradual. She now is 19 months and loves her milk. She has 2 240ml a day, one when she wakes in morning & one when she goes to bed at night. Sometimes she has a warm milk at nap time and it’s a tiny bit of milo which is her “treat”. Goodluck with it

Comment

Originally posted by SammieP View Post
              Does he have any other milk besides the 1 cup a day?
              He's a little over 2.5 now, I still give him a2 toddler twice a day, which he still seems to like as well, recently I have been wondering if I should mix the a2 with milk.

Comment

Working...
              X