Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh wow, thanks so much for this thread. I had never heard of BLW. DD is 8 months now and has been eating pureed stuff since 5 months and now she seems confused about finger food and doesn't much like lumpy food. I wish I had known I could have started finger food right from the beginning! Normally I research everything so carefully, for some reason when it came to starting solids I just listened to what the CHN told us at mother's group and went with that. Wish I had read a bit more about it beforehand.

I'll try DD with some steamed brocolli and carrot tomorrow, see how she goes. We tried melon today but it was a bit slippery for her to hold!

Comment

Originally posted by geobabe View Post
      Oh wow, thanks so much for this thread. I had never heard of BLW. DD is 8 months now and has been eating pureed stuff since 5 months and now she seems confused about finger food and doesn't much like lumpy food. I wish I had known I could have started finger food right from the beginning! Normally I research everything so carefully, for some reason when it came to starting solids I just listened to what the CHN told us at mother's group and went with that. Wish I had read a bit more about it beforehand.

I'll try DD with some steamed brocolli and carrot tomorrow, see how she goes. We tried melon today but it was a bit slippery for her to hold!
      Good Luck Geobabe! Its such an exciting time when bubs start solids. My DS is 9mths and has been doing BLW since 6mths. People are always amazed at what he eats. One of his favourite foods is avocado on toast soldiers. That might be an easy place to start. I gave him tuna melt yesterday which he devoured. He has such an extensive variety of foods now. There isn't much I haven't tried him on. Let us know how you get on!!

Comment

Great thread, I do a combination of BLW and purees with my 9 month old boy. I often give him his finger food first and then top him up with some purees afterwards. This works excellently for us, and he eats like a horse! Getting expensive to feed him let me tell you!

Originally posted by CheekyChicken View Post
        Quick question to anyone who may be an experienced BLWer- Is multigrain toast OK and at what stage did you introduce wheat, meat and yoghurt/cheese?

DD still isn't 6 months but we've been giving her finger foods at dinner time and sometimes lunch for the past 2 weeks or so. She has already tried and eaten a huge list of fruit and veg and I just want to know where to from here?

From day 1 she went from doing 6 poos a day to only doing 1-2 which is a relief and her day naps have improved so I am pretty sure she's been ingesting the food right from the get-go though if anything her BFs have increased.
        Wouldn't really call myself experienced but my boy has had all of those things from 6 mths, including the grainy bread. I don't think his body processes the grains yet though as they come out in his poop! But don't see the harm. Dairy and meat are in his diet too on a daily basis.

Comment

I have decided to go down the blw path after heaps of fustration with normal puree/lumps spoon feeding etc..Has anyone read the book Baby-led weaning: helping your baby to love good food by Gill Rapley? Was thinking of getting it out at the library...

Comment

Def get the book - I would recommend to buy!! So many times I have run back to the library to look something up!!! LOL

GO FOR IT!!

It is such an amazing journey!!!!!

Comment

I agreee! Def buy the book! I think from memory I got mine of ebay from a UK shop. Think I only waited just over a week for delivery and was quite cheap! Well worth the money though wherever you get it!

Comment

Hi I have just been told about BLW from a friend of mine and I thought I would come to Bubhub to look a little more into it. My baby girl is 6 months and we have just started on purees but BLW seems like a better way to go in the long run. Can you point me in the direction of what foods I should be offering and how they should be cooked. Thanks

Comment

I got the book from amazon for $10. Had to pay for postage but I got some others too so it was worth it.

Comment

This is what I'm doing with my daughter. We let her tell us when she wanted to eat, how much etc and justtopped he up with formula.
                    Thanks for the info, it's a big help!

Comment

Wow, hadn't even considered that there was an alternative to purees! My bub is only 11 weeks so a long way off weaning, gives me plenty of time to research and prepare. Thanks for the info, I'm not going to be a slave to my blender

Comment

This is something new from me, good thread. My dd just start solid, maybe i should start to look into BLW.

Comment

Not trying to argue with anyone just a little bit of info - the World Health Organisation's official stand on weaning is to go from milk to mushy foods, purees and some finger foods. So both purrees and finger foods are good for 6 months plus.

Comment

Originally posted by Mii View Post
                            Not trying to argue with anyone just a little bit of info - the World Health Organisation's official stand on weaning is to go from milk to mushy foods, purees and some finger foods. So both purrees and finger foods are good for 6 months plus.
                            do you have a reference link for that info? too often the WHO are incorrectly cited as saying stuff.

Comment

Great thread going to buy the book!!

Comment

I LOVE Baby Lead Weaning Method (learnt it on bub hub) I didnt do it with ds but wish i had cause he is a shocker to feed. I did however do it with dd and have convinced so many people how wonderful it really is. She is great with her food and its just an all round great way!

Comment

Working...
                                X