Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have an ice cream machine?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Do you have an ice cream machine?

    Are they worth it? Do they work well? I'd love to make dd ice creams or sorbets with real fruit now that its hot.

    They are on sale and I want to pick one up tomorrow hmmm so just curious

  • #2
    Do you have an ice cream machine?

    I've got one. They're good but mine you have to have the bowl in the freezer before use. We keep it in there all the time. My DH used it the other day, poured a bottle of creamy soda in it to make a slurpee. Great to make more boutique ice creams, last year I made Xmas pudding ice cream for everyone to have with their pudding. Delish!

    Comment


    • #3
      I have one. It's a Cuisinart. During Summer it doesn't leave my bench. I use it all the time.
      What sort are you looking at?

      Comment


      • #4
        Do you have an ice cream machine?

        Originally posted by biscotti View Post
        I have one. It's a Cuisinart. During Summer it doesn't leave my bench. I use it all the time.
        What sort are you looking at?
        I have Cuisinart too.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Do you have an ice cream machine?

          I am getting one for Christmas. I want unwrap it now though

          Sent from my GT-I9305T using BubHub

          Comment


          • #6
            Ours is from homeart & it's pretty good. No need to freeze the bowl first. We never use it though as just never think to make it

            Comment


            • #7
              Do you have an ice cream machine?

              I have a cheapie one, can't remember where from though. I have used it once. Though mainly because I never have the stuff here and don't have the time. It is one of the ones you have to keep the bowl in the freezer, so it lives in my chest freezer. When I eventually have a little one I will be making use of it!

              Comment


              • #8
                Do you have an ice cream machine?

                Oh wow thanks guys I started one of these threads last year and didn't get much of a bite so they must be getting more popular.

                Biscotti it's a cuisinart I think. I know they are on special for 99 bucks saw them in the window today.

                The freezing bowl thing is that a pain in the bum?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Do you have an ice cream machine?

                  Originally posted by babyla View Post
                  I've got one. They're good but mine you have to have the bowl in the freezer before use. We keep it in there all the time. My DH used it the other day, poured a bottle of creamy soda in it to make a slurpee. Great to make more boutique ice creams, last year I made Xmas pudding ice cream for everyone to have with their pudding. Delish!
                  Yummmmmmmmm you may have sold me on slurpreeeee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Do you have an ice cream machine?

                    It was a pain when we first bought it be as we wanted to use it straight away! But now it's frozen all the time so no bother. I'm interested how other machines work without the freezing bowl? Cuisinart got great reviews when I got it about 2 years ago.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yup ours is a cusinart and we keep the bowl in the freezer all the time. We only ever eat home made ice cream, it's just way yummier!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We have a Cuisinart and the bowl takes up about as much room as a two-litre ice cream container. We made heaps when we first got it and the recipes that came with it were good. If you want to experiment with flavours a food blogger/pastry chef called David Lebovitz has an awesome website with recipes - his brown sugar breadcrumb ice cream is divine.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Do you have an ice cream machine?

                          So with the ones that don't have a freeze bowl would they take longer?
                          I might just bite the bullet and grab one while on sale. Where do you guys all get the recipes from?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Do you have an ice cream machine?

                            Originally posted by Mopeg View Post
                            We have a Cuisinart and the bowl takes up about as much room as a two-litre ice cream container. We made heaps when we first got it and the recipes that came with it were good. If you want to experiment with flavours a food blogger/pastry chef called David Lebovitz has an awesome website with recipes - his brown sugar breadcrumb ice cream is divine.
                            Ooooo thank you sounds yummmm!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Do you have an ice cream machine?

                              I have a Thermomix which I use for sorbets and an ice cream machine (cuisine art) that I use for ice creams (I make the mixture in the Thermomix) can do icecreams in the thermy but you have to freeze chop and then blitz the mixture to do it. I usually just make sorbet or fruity dream (which is like ice cream but is really just a whipped sorbet that tastes creamy).

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X