No announcement yet.

Do you have an ice cream machine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call me crazy, but I have two! My first is a KitchenAid which makes awesome icecream but is a bit messy, and my second is a Cuisinart that makes soft serve icecream, which I haven't actually used yet. I like home made icecream because I know whats in it! Cream, sugar, vanilla, eggs. No chemicals, no additives, no colours, no flavours, nothing but natural organic ingredients which I don't mind serving up to my kids!

Comment

Looks like cuisinart is the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by LoCo View Post
        Where do you guys all get the recipes from?
        There are so many on the net, you will find heaps.
        The ones that come in the manual are a good place to start though and to build up some favourites that you can play around with and tweak a bit.

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/media/i...L000000907.pdf

Comment

Oh, and it tastes best when you eat it straight away. It's fine the next day, too, but not as good as freshly made. It's a great way to impress friends, serving up homemade ice cream with some berries. And for kids you can do vanilla and churn crushed bickies through it.

Comment

I've got a krups one, quite old now but still working great. It's a freeze-the-bowl type and the bowl lives in the chest freezer so always ready to go. Makes about 1L at a time, which is perfect because the texture of homemade tends to go a bit crystally within a month (if it lasts that long).

We have chooks so I basically make custard with lots of yolks and cream/milk, then add whatever flavourings I feel like. Most popular to date is a vanilla custard base, with cubes of chopped up Fry's turkish delight and pistachios in it. Roasted peach, white choc with raspberry swirl, and a few other fruity flavours have also been good as is a rich chocolate (which turned out to be lowest fat and actually only contained heaps of cocoa but tasted so darn naughty and rich).

I love ours!

Comment

I also have the kitchen aid one - it's brilliant, as pp have said I leave the bowl in the freezer, it makes 2 litres in 20 mins! Cookies and cream is yum but my fav is fresh strawberry ice cream, I use A2 milk in mine as well

Comment

Sorry to crash the thread but I recently got a cusinart ice cream maker and have made ice cream in it twice now, once using a custard base and once with just the milk and cream recipe and both times after a few spoonfuls it leaves a coating on the back of the spoon and then eventually on the roof of your mouth.

It is so gross!! It's like a film of fat!
                Does anyone know why this happens. I use the recipes that came in the book with the machine and follow them to the T but each time this has happened

Comment

What is heavy cream? Is this the same as thickened cream? Can the ice cream be made without it so just full cream milk for example?

Thanks for the manual Biscotti

Comment

Originally posted by rhoda View Post
                    Sorry to crash the thread but I recently got a cusinart ice cream maker and have made ice cream in it twice now, once using a custard base and once with just the milk and cream recipe and both times after a few spoonfuls it leaves a coating on the back of the spoon and then eventually on the roof of your mouth.

Does anyone know why this happens. I use the recipes that came in the book with the machine and follow them to the T but each time this has happened
                    Wow yuk no crash away hope someone can answer I'd like to know to. Faulty machine maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by rhoda View Post

I think it's just because it's real ice cream. It's the cream that does it, I like it, stops you eating too much because it's so rich too. I think processed ice cream must have something on it which stops it from doing that.

Comment

Re: Do you have an ice cream machine?

I have a sunbeam gelateria. It has its own compressor so no need to freeze the bowl. Takes about 40 minutes to make a litre. It's quite big and heavy so I don't leave it out on the bench even in summer.
                        BIL has the cusinart one and hasn't had any problems with it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub

Comment

Originally posted by jonnysmama View Post
                          I have a sunbeam gelateria. It has its own compressor so no need to freeze the bowl. Takes about 40 minutes to make a litre. It's quite big and heavy so I don't leave it out on the bench even in summer.
                          BIL has the cusinart one and hasn't had any problems with it.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using BubHub
                          Oh dear now I might get confused. I've seen the sunbeam one on cooking shows but I think they are double the price aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by babyla View Post
                            I think it's just because it's real ice cream. It's the cream that does it, I like it, stops you eating too much because it's so rich too. I think processed ice cream must have something on it which stops it from doing that.
                            Babyla you're a foodie you'd know. What cream do you use? What is heavy cream?

Comment

Anyone know about the cream?

Comment

We have a Breville mix master that has the ice cream bowl that attaches to it. Makes 2 litres in 15 min. I have only made 1 full cream ice cream and tbh I found it too rich. My kids can't have lactose do I make them sorbet or frozen yoghurt. They have no idea what "real" ice cream tastes like and the frozen yoghurt is yummy

Comment

Working...
                                X