Savoury muffins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savoury muffins

Anyone have any nice recipes? Thought it might be a good place to hide a few extra veges for DS.

I have a basic recipe that i always add to.

1 cup self raising flour
    1 cup of cheese
    1 cup of milk
    1 egg
    salt/pepper to taste.

You mix it all together, mix in your extras, spoon into muffin pan and bake at 180 for about 20 mins or til browned.

Some 'extras' that you could try by themselves or in combination:

ham, corn, sundried tomatoes, chicken and asparagus, olives, spinache, feta, various herbs, sauteed onion and mushrooms, gratted carrot or zucchini... your choices are really only limited my your imagination

- I usually make a double batch of the basic recipe and then do a couple of different flavours.
    and they freeze really well, making them great for quick lunch options.
    Last edited by Milk_Monkey; 13-03-2008, 09:06.

Comment

wow! Isn't that amazing - I was looking 4 a savory muffin recipie too!

Got them cooking now - thanx Milk_Monkey

Comment

Oh I love savoury muffins!!So easy!
        I make up a huge batch and feeze them down.
        I put ham/bacon,cheese,corn, grated carrot/zuchinni,diced capsicum,onions,shallots in mine.
        Suh an easy way to get some veges in ya!Sorry,I dont have recipes-I measure with my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Milk_Monkey View Post
          I have a basic recipe that i always add to.

1 cup self raising flour
          1 cup of cheese
          1 cup of milk
          1 egg
          salt/pepper to taste.

You mix it all together, mix in your extras, spoon into muffin pan and bake at 180 for about 20 mins or til browned.

Some 'extras' that you could try by themselves or in combination:

ham, corn, sundried tomatoes, chicken and asparagus, olives, spinache, feta, various herbs, sauteed onion and mushrooms, gratted carrot or zucchini... your choices are really only limited my your imagination

- I usually make a double batch of the basic recipe and then do a couple of different flavours.
          and they freeze really well, making them great for quick lunch options.
          That's the recipe I use too, but with 1/2 cup grated cheese and 1/2 cup grated veges using zucchini, carrot, pumpkin, finely chopped onion and chopped mushrooms. Yummy! Made them with a group of 4-5 year olds last year and they loved them! Until they found out what was in them, then they didn't have any more. Not sure why it works that way

Comment

Snap!! I was lookinfg for a savoury muffin recipe too!! Thanks ladies

Must get baking

Comment

just out of the oven...

Why is it my DD doesn't like them? Everyone's kids likes muffy's except mine...
              Why is she soooo fussy

Made her eat it

She drives me nuts

!!! Breakthru!!! I spread it with cream cheese... now she likes it! LOL...
              Last edited by Tingles; 13-03-2008, 11:48.

Comment

I use the cream cheese trick too

Comment

Awesome, I've been wanting sav. muffins too

Comment

Thank you! I'm so excited. I'll make a few varieties tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                    X