No announcement yet.

How much do you spend on food shopping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you spend on food shopping?

Wondering what everyone else spends on food shopping? I seem to spend a lot more than my friends do on food. It’s my thing. I love food and don’t drink or spend money on festivals or movies so I like to spend a bit. But I’m a single Mum and it’s getting expensive, especially if I don’t get an extra shift at work. I have 3 kids almost 7, almost 5 and a 3 year old. Some weeks I spend over $300! My youngest is still in pull ups overnight but my son with Autism has his pull ups covered by NDIS, which helps. Oh, and he is very fussy with his food so can lost a lot only being able to buy certain foods he’ll eat! Thanks

probably more than i realize but our “big” weekly shop is usually $150-$180 but then we often go to the shops a couple more times in the week at least for extras that we’ve either missed or needs to be bought fresh. these “small” shops are usually $40-$70. so if we do say, two of those, at say $65 each, that’s $130 plus say $180, so a total of $300 a week. eeek! i am trying to get our food shopping down as we spend so much but to a degree it is what it is.

Comment

Mine would be around $350-400 between woolies, butcher, fruit shop for 2 adults and 3 kids. 2 in nappies full time and one on pull ups overnight.

I love hearing what people spend on groceries, I actually find it really interesting.

ETA: we would have takeaway twice a week and I also do a fruit top up which is on top of the above.
      Last edited by Mum-I-Am; 29-07-2021, 14:51.

Comment

Agh I was actually about the start a thread about this. I normally spend around $250 (for 1A, 1C) which is insane. I know it’s because I buy the expensive fruit (we love our fresh berries) but today I made a concerted effort to cut back on the experience stuff and it was still $200.

Comment

Probably about 350, give or take. We do a big-ish weekend shop, and then prob go twice during the week. Two adults, two kids. It feels like a lot, especially since a lot of it goes on expensive stuff we probably don't have to have as much of as we do.

Comment

forgot to add, one kid in nappies FT. and ours is for 2 adults and two kids (2 and 5).

i just realized there are other “grocery bill” items i buy online, all my koala eco stuff for instance (laundry wash, household cleaning sprays etc). so i suppose that would add to this bill too.

Comment

$300 a week.
              2 adults 7yo and nearly 3yo only in night nappy for a tad longer (until I’m brave enough to take off lol)

Comment

Easily $300 a week I do a main shop on the weekends for around the $200 mark but all the little shops during the week add up.

Comment

About $300pw. 2 adults, 13yo, 8yo. Plus eat take away/out once a week.

We get more convenience foods now, pre-packaged salad bowls for lunch etc, which tips it consistently over $300. Cheaper than buying lunch out though!

Comment

Comment

Approx $250 for 3 adults. It includes top ups during the week of bread , milk and fresh fruit

Comment

I spent about $350 today for the week, and maybe then some. E.g. I got a month of laundry detergent.

That's for 3 adults, 3 kids (10, 6 - nappies overnight NDIS won't fund them, VERY Fussy eater, 2 -fulltime nappies, 2 dogs and 1 cat.)

There wasn't a lot of meat as I'm going to the wholesale Butcher tomorrow and will likely spend upwards of $300. BUT. I'm buying in bulk which I'll save on future shops. By topping up with other things I get elsewhere it'll last a while!

Comment

Between 300-350 a week for 2 A and 5 kids.
                          This includes toiletries, one in nappies-toilet training atm so less nappies used. .
                          Usually, ILs will do dinner once a week with leftovers for next day lunch and they give us homegrown lettuce, silverbeet when in season..
                          I buy fruit and veg in season, cook all meals, bake a lot (I enjoy it), we eat meat but enjoy vegetarian meals too.

Comment

Usually $200-$230 per week for 2 adults 1 child.

We rarely have takeaway because almost no one delivers to our estate [emoji24], so I do tend to keep our food supplies well stocked. No supermarkets/corner stores close by either.

Comment

400 a week, not including take away or dog food [emoji33]
                              2 adults, 2 kids.

Comment

Working...
                              X