Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I filled the tank yesterday and will top it up again before the weekend and keep it topped up every few days because I'd hate to want to leave town and avoid a cyclone only to find we have an empty tank and can't go anywhere. My plan is to leave town entirely if a cyclone is on its way, if that's a possibility. The lawn is being mowed every week and it's pretty clear of rubbish. The outdoor table and chairs are in the storage thingy in the driveway and all locked away. Not sure what to do about the gazebo cover though. The gazebo shouldn't go anywhere, although you never know, but the cover doesn't seem able to come off

Comment

Moving this up. There is some info which will be handy for flooding.

Stay safe

Comment

innisfail to sarina are on cyclone watch. cyclone anthony is expected to cross the coast sunday or monday, so we are getting supplies in and getting the house prepared.

Comment

not one, but 2 cyclones expected to hit the queensland coast next week. batten down the hatches queensland.....

Comment

ARE YOU READY....

Come on WA and QLD make sure you are ready.

Comment

It's that time year. Lets get ready for 2011.......

Comment

Is there anywhere you can buy a kit from?

Comment

^ buy a box and get all the supplies from Kmart, definitely loads cheaper than a pre-made one.

Comment

Originally posted by elleandsam View Post
                    Is there anywhere you can buy a kit from?
                    with Berrie cheaper to do it all your self. Don't worry you have time.

Comment

Ahh yes, its that time again. Just went through TC Yasi, dont want to do that again. At least the house we are in now has a cyclone shelter and as its an employer supported area we have access to food and water so no need to fully stock up. We have everything else though

Comment

We've started getting some food together, we'll need to buy most of it next fortnight. When does cyclone season begin?

Comment

This will be out first cyclone season. Moved to Aussie just before Yasi and we're so unprepared for that but had enough to get by. This year I want to be super super prepared!

Comment

I think it officially begins on November 1st

Comment

NT-
                              A Cyclone WATCH has been declared for a developing tropical low for coastal
                              areas from Dundee Beach to Nhulunbuy, including Darwin.http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDD20150.txt

Are you Ready???

Comment

Working...
                              X