This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pvroom View Post
    According to my OB is stops the formation of blood clots in the vessels in cord to placenta thus increasing flow of nutrients and blood. But I've read conflicting studies about it. It seems common for women with previous iugr pregnancies to be put on it
    It would make sense, im assuming a low dose.
    In my case it could have been because its different hospitals they didnt know the full history, i was never given a reason as to why ds2 was iugr/sga. He was always measuring behind, this one has been for his AC, then at 34 weeks he was 11th centile, 36 weeks dropped below the 3rd centile. I suppose different doctors different opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emma1217 View Post
      In my case it could have been because its different hospitals they didnt know the full history, i was never given a reason as to why ds2 was iugr/sga. He was always measuring behind, this one has been for his AC, then at 34 weeks he was 11th centile, 36 weeks dropped below the 3rd centile. I suppose different doctors different opinions.
      My two are different hospitals too. In our case we had a very bad, almost fatal outcome so it's been very important to try to understand why. Perhaps if you have another you can ask about aspirin. And yes a low dose

Comment

How are you going Emma?

Comment

How are you going Emma?
          Hey, we are good. Dont realise how many muscles you don't use until you've givrn birth [emoji28] Wyatt is doing well, longest days when i had to leave him, he has a weigh in today, supposed to be on 40ml every 3 hours, but he will take up to 60mls so ill feed him what he will take when he takes it.
          How are you going?

Comment

Hey, we are good. Dont realise how many muscles you don't use until you've givrn birth [emoji28] Wyatt is doing well, longest days when i had to leave him, he has a weigh in today, supposed to be on 40ml every 3 hours, but he will take up to 60mls so ill feed him what he will take when he takes it.
            How are you going?
            Sorry to hear you had to leave him but so glad he's home now. What was his weight? Xxxx

Comment

Sorry to hear you had to leave him but so glad he's home now. What was his weight? Xxxx
              It is hard when they take him straight away, trying to express but im only getting 10mls if im lucky.
              At birth 2.355, he dropped 85grams in the first 3 days, then put 30grams back on by day 5.

Comment

It is hard when they take him straight away, trying to express but im only getting 10mls if im lucky.
                At birth 2.355, he dropped 85grams in the first 3 days, then put 30grams back on by day 5.
                My boy was 2.47kg at birth so very similar. It's horrible when they are taken away. You are doing a great job xx

Comment

My boy was 2.47kg at birth so very similar. It's horrible when they are taken away. You are doing a great job xx
                  Ds2 was 15grams more but wasnt taken away. It really is aweful you feel as though you have no connection because you cant do anything to help them. Thank you.

Comment

• [MENTION=140616]Juju bean[/MENTION]

Comment

• [MENTION=127221]pvroom[/MENTION] how are you going?

Comment

• HI Emma, I am doing pretty well at the moment, my anxiety has decreased a bit but no doubt it will go up and down for the remaining months. I have my 28-week scan and GTT next week so I am hoping for good results from both. From my understanding 28 weeks is the earliest they can pick up late onset IUGR so it's pretty nerve-wracking. Baby is moving quite a bit but I feel like it's not quite as much the last few days, contemplating going into hospital for some quick monitoring. If i sit down I get 10 kicks easily in a short time but I just feel overall like he's moving less across the whole day. But could just be size or I'm getting used to it

Comment

HI Emma, I am doing pretty well at the moment, my anxiety has decreased a bit but no doubt it will go up and down for the remaining months. I have my 28-week scan and GTT next week so I am hoping for good results from both. From my understanding 28 weeks is the earliest they can pick up late onset IUGR so it's pretty nerve-wracking. Baby is moving quite a bit but I feel like it's not quite as much the last few days, contemplating going into hospital for some quick monitoring. If i sit down I get 10 kicks easily in a short time but I just feel overall like he's moving less across the whole day. But could just be size or I'm getting used to it
                          Time flies, 28 weeks amazing, yeah i think it is. Hoping your bubs isnt. GTT is a horrible test. Im sure itll all be fine either way. Wyatt had days with less movement than others i never worried about it and if i did worry i would drink orange juice and that got him moving.

Comment

• Just had my first growth scan and bub is at 24th percentile. I was hoping for closer to 50th so it feels a bit scary. Ultrasound technician said he's not worried now but would be if bub dropped below 20th at the next scan in 4 weeks. I feel like it's possibly going to lead to early delivery as we are sitting at a lowish percentile. No scans after 20 weeks last time until 37 weeks when my son was 5th percentile.

Comment

Just had my first growth scan and bub is at 24th percentile. I was hoping for closer to 50th so it feels a bit scary. Ultrasound technician said he's not worried now but would be if bub dropped below 20th at the next scan in 4 weeks. I feel like it's possibly going to lead to early delivery as we are sitting at a lowish percentile. No scans after 20 weeks last time until 37 weeks when my son was 5th percentile.
                              Thats still not a bad centile. My fingers are crossed for your next ultrasound to be around same centile. They wouldnt worry until borderline 10th centile unless bubs dramatically drops. Good luck

Comment

Thats still not a bad centile. My fingers are crossed for your next ultrasound to be around same centile. They wouldnt worry until borderline 10th centile unless bubs dramatically drops. Good luck
                                Yeah I know, it's not too bad but it's hard not to worry

Comment

Working...
                                X