Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people really talk about who's circ'd and who's not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ButDaaaaad
    And yet there are literally billions of indians, chinese & europeans who live in places where showers are a rarity, yet genital cutting isn't sought after.
    But do we know the state of their genital health?

I am not pro circ so I don't know why I was quoted... I don't even know what I said originally beyond this quoted portion but I imagine it was explaining my FILs viewpoint based on his experience as a deployed soldier and the standard practice at the time.

Comment

I know what my brother has and my father. Haven't seen it recently but as a child I bathed with my brother. Our boys nude up very regularly. I'm sure all of their family knows what they have without asking and it will be something they don't need to ask.

My hubby played football professionally and they would often train and divide teams into helmets and skivvies. Lol.

Comment

Interesting to me that the people who have asked irl are the ones who got their boys done or if they were done themselves.

Comment

My DH isn't so we didn't have to decide about our boys. I know my dad and brothers are and assuming most of their friends.
          It does get discussed in my group of friends purely because where we live it is hard to find a dr to do it. Our local hospital won't so people talk about it with regards to who is a good dr to use.

Comment

I don't know who is and isn't in my family. I saw my dad and brother naked when I was younger but didn't pay any attention to that part of their body.

When I had DS, DH wanted to get him done because he is done and when he was in school boy would get teased if they weren't done. He didn't DS getting teased. I didn't want to get him done and said that I didn't think it was done thing any more. I e-mailed all the mothers with boys from my mothers group (from when I had DD) to find out what they did. I think 1 from 7 was, which proved my point to DH and we didn't get DS done. Other then that one time, I have never felt the need to discuss it in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Busy-Bee View Post
              I'm always a bit taken back when I read that people know who is circ'd and not-circ'd in their family. I have no idea if my brothers or father or grandfathers are and to be honest, that suits me fine! I don't want to think or talk about their bits.

I've rarely ever talked to other mothers about circ'ing. I can only think of 2 occasions it's come up in conversations and one of those was my best friend of 27 years.
              It does get discussed I think. The men and males will know it is done and the females discuss it between themselves just like anything else they would discuss. Perhaps the differences are discussed between parents and siblings just so they can see and know the difference.

Comment

Not really discussed unless someone I know wants to talk about regarding their son.
                I don't think my Dad is. I know my nephews and a couple of boy cousins are. My DS isn't and it's something I wouldn't do.
                With my own friends I only find out if I actually ask or see through nappy changes.

Comment

Never discussed it with anyone and neither has DH. None of my friends have ever evened mentioned it! I assumed it was only done for religious purposes these days

Comment

It came up with our neighbours when both our boys were just born. They were doing it (and flying interstate as there is no one here who will do it...that kind of says something) their reasons were pitiful. Match daddy and elderly infections. At the time I wasn't quite as well researched so I just politely said dh isn't so we aren't. If that conversation happened again now I wouldn't hesitate to speak up. I don't think anyone would bring the topic up with me unless they were anti as well or wanted a debate because I'm very open about my views on it. I recently left my dig on facebook because the topic kept coming up and it distressed me a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

No, never discussed in our family. As young adults having a few drinks with friends, yes it's come up but it was never turned into a debate...just a few jokes cracked and onto another topic.

I personally don't think it's anyone's bussiness.

I used to have this one friend who'd go out nightclubbing, get drunk and start on all the males about being circ'd and how dirty they were if they weren't done. She was so embarrassing and I ended up having a big fight with her about it infront of some embarrassed young guys and ended the friendship there and then.
                      Last edited by ozeymumof5; 13-04-2014, 14:36.

Comment

It has come up on very rare occasions. The only way I know that my dad is un-circ'd is that my sister told me his reaction to her getting my nephew done was "Why would you do something like that?" So yeah, clearly he is not done.

When my sister got my nephew done it was discussed a little bit amongst a few of us behind my sister's back.

My DP has 3 boys and it wasn't until we had been together 6 months that I found out all 3 are circ'd. I never asked, DP just mentioned it one day in a conversation. All I said was "yeah, exH and I never bothered getting DS done" and left it at that.

I think if DP and I ever decided to have a child together and it was a boy, I'm really not sure how the circ issue would go. I've never asked him how strongly he feels about it (no need to know at this point!). I don't feel strongly either way. Never bothered getting DS done, but I'm not strongly anti circ either so I may consider it if DP and I had a boy and he really really wanted it done.

Comment

Another old thread brought up by someone fixated on circumcision!

Comment

Working...
                          X