Teething?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teething?

I am asking the wisdom of the BH community for advice/suggestions.

We think DD is teething (have done since the epic drooling started). The last 2 nights she’s woken up, presumably because of her teeth. I say this because I went to pat her tummy first as she wasn’t quite awake looking for food as such and as soon as my hand has touched her, she’s grabbed it she’s grabbed it and started biting down on my fingers. I have ended up giving her a feed both nights and it does settle her eventually. As in she’ll be asleep so I’ll put her down and then she’ll wake up 2 min later all chatty and cooing and we then spend 20-30 min just rocking and patting her to sleep again. The fact that she’s waking isn’t the issue, I’m just wondering is there something else I can do to help settle her teeth? I’m reluctant to give her panadol or the Brauer teething stuff we have as she’s not upset or distressed and she will be if I try to give her either of those things. Doesn’t take a dummy either. Is there anything else we can do or just ride it out?

Teething ring to gum?

Comment

She could just be about to hit a new milestone, and isn't teething at all. She's at an age where excess drooling and biting down on things are normal. My kids all behaved the same way at 5 months, but none got teeth until they were almost a year old. It's such a guesing game when they can't speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Full House View Post
        She could just be about to hit a new milestone, and isn't teething at all. She's at an age where excess drooling and biting down on things are normal. My kids all behaved the same way at 5 months, but none got teeth until they were almost a year old. It's such a guesing game when they can't speak.
        This.

Whether its teeth or development it will pass in a week or two.

For teeth at night unless it was not being able to settle due to crying from pain I gave pain relief. Otherwise I fed. Lots.

Comment

Hmm. DD is in the middle of leap 5, so it could be that I suppose. We’ve never seen behaviour changes during the leaps before except for the new skills we can see she’s learning/has learned.

I might try a teething ring tonight. They’re a bit hit and miss with her though. I’ve got a little bunny rattle that she loves to chew on too. Might see if they work.

Comment

Teething?

Green onion... is what my mum says.. you rub it on their gums or let them chew it. It will work in a similar way as deep heat on muscular aches and pains.
            After researching it further it seems like a common natural remedy and it worked on me [emoji854]

Comment

I don't think I'd want to chew on a green onion..

Comment

SM33 gel on the gums worked for my two

Comment

I use the women’s and children’s teething gel here. It’s God’s gift to us south aussie. $10 a Bottle but we can only get it from the hospital which is the sucky part

Comment

She’s not distressed when she wakes up, not even crying. The last 2 nights it’s been the sound of her rubbing her eyes that’s woken me up initially. What made me think it was her teeth was that as soon as I put my hand on her she grabbed it and started gnawing at it.

I’m expecting some disruption tonight now anyway as we have moved her big cot into our room as she’s getting too big for her bednest and her room is too hot. Might take a teething ring to bed with me tonight and see what happens.

Comment

How old is she? Some people swear that disrupted sleep at certain times is caused by 'sleep regressions' which supposedly occur around 4 months, 6 months, and some other times.
                      I think the hand biting could just mean that she's discovered that she can put things in her mouth and bite them and likes the sensation.

Comment

5 and a bit months. She’s been doing the chomping things for ages, but this is the first time she’s woken and done it overnight. She’s slept through 10-7ish (of her own accord) since about 5 weeks so it is completely unusual for her.

I’m not worried or stressed about it, more just wondering what others have done.

Comment

Working...
                        X