Teething causing speech regression?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teething causing speech regression?

DS is 15 months and currently has at least 5 teeth coming through (molars and one front tooth).

I’ve noticed that his speech has totally regressed. He was saying Mum, dad, grandma, grandad, cat, dog, no, bum, blue and bubble. For the last few weeks he has barely said any of them.

Could it just be that his teeth are causing pain and so he doesn’t want to talk? He’s not even really babbling like he used to.

We talk to him constantly, listen to audio books, read books etc. He likes watching Cocomelon and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

We are in lockdown as well, could it be that he’s barely left the house for a month? No swimming lessons, no play dates, no park time etc. There’s def been more screen time as I struggle to keep him occupied.

His understanding of us isn’t impacted - if we ask him to pick something up or to hand us something he will.

I just miss his little voice

Is he working on a new skill?

Bubs usually stop doing one skill when they are working on another. They can become quite fixated until they’ve perfected it.

For example, when my DD started learning to run, she stopped babbling altogether for a couple of weeks because she was just dying to run run run

Comment

Originally posted by Beary View Post
      Is he working on a new skill?

Bubs usually stop doing one skill when they are working on another. They can become quite fixated until they’ve perfected it.

For example, when my DD started learning to run, she stopped babbling altogether for a couple of weeks because she was just dying to run run run
      He did start walking at 13.5 months and is perfecting that, and trying to get faster. Didn’t think of that.

Comment

Working...
      X