Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for toddler when new baby arrives

Hello

My son will be 19 months when my daughter will be born. I wanted to get a present for my son from the baby. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

Also I wanted to have a ‘special box’ that I can get out when I’m stuck feeding or settling the baby and I’m unable to give my son my full attention. I was thinking of things to distract him that he can do on his own. I think he will be too young for craft type things? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

Originally posted by LJD23 View Post
    Hello

My son will be 19 months when my daughter will be born. I wanted to get a present for my son from the baby. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

Also I wanted to have a ‘special box’ that I can get out when I’m stuck feeding or settling the baby and I’m unable to give my son my full attention. I was thinking of things to distract him that he can do on his own. I think he will be too young for craft type things? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA
    Duplo, cars, puzzles, balls, a doll, 10-15 pegs in an ice cream container with a hole cut in the top, he can clip them on the sides, poke them through the hole etc, a water bottle with colored water and glitter. You can also do part vegetable oil, books

Comment

Originally posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
      Duplo, cars, puzzles, balls, a doll, 10-15 pegs in an ice cream container with a hole cut in the top, he can clip them on the sides, poke them through the hole etc, a water bottle with colored water and glitter. You can also do part vegetable oil, books
      Some good ideas! Thank you

Comment

Following! Little Miss will be 2y+3m and she needs lots of attention...

Comment

This is what has worked for us with miss 2y2m.

Letting her help, she loves to get a nappy out of the draw to help, put washing on, find the dummies, pick outfits.

She got twin dolls with bibs, bottles etc, she loves being a mummy to them.

Water painting, we got the reusable ones that when you wet they reveal picture, she loves them.

Pom Pom baths. Literally a bag on Pom poms from Kmart in the evening bath. Once done you just scoop them out and dry (dryer in a bra bag or lay out on a towel) this allows me to sit in bathroom and feed a baby and entertains DD for min 30 minutes.

Coming into summer I freeze things into ice blocks, flowers/leaves Pom Poms, ribbons, little figurines. Then put DD outside with a squirty water bottle and a few tools like tongs and she loves getting everything out as it melts.

A couple balloons blown up is also very good.

Impromptu dance parties also work. I have a little Bluetooth speaker and I put her fav tunes on and she has a dance.

There are some great accounts on Instagram, the bored toddler, growing up grounded, the Paige diaries, play at home mummy. They have some amazing ideas!

Comment

Thank you! The pom Pom bath is a great one I wouldn’t of thought of. So easy!

Comment

Working...
            X