No announcement yet.

Conflicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can relate. It’s a bit easier for me as I’m 40 now, whereas you’re very young still. But as a solo parent I just have nothing left to give other people. I always put myself third, the two kids come before me. If I have any time or energy left to give, I’m giving it to me, not someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod-Wise Enough View Post
      I can relate. It’s a bit easier for me as I’m 40 now, whereas you’re very young still. But as a solo parent I just have nothing left to give other people. I always put myself third, the two kids come before me. If I have any time or energy left to give, I’m giving it to me, not someone else.
      I’ve been separated nearly 2 years now.
      1 year into separation I started dating again (and was quite “busy” hahaha) but it got old quickly.
      I’ve also decided for me, at this point in time, I don’t have the energy, the headspace or the inclination for the dating game.
      My DS has some anxiety symptoms and i feel like he needs consistency and reassurance so now is not the right time to bring someone new into the equation.
      And frankly after working full time in a high stress job, having DS in daycare / kinder full time, I get home and want to put pyjamas on and not have to think about anyone but us. And on my free weekends, I want to sleep, watch tv, go and get coffee, have my nails done, catch up with friends.
      Like Mod-Wise Enough I’m 40 later this year. Maybe that’s why I’m so tired [emoji23]
      But i do empathise and relate. Maybe don’t shut off completely to the possibility. You never know who will come your way. But sure, if dating isn’t a priority for you right now, that’s fine too.

Comment

Working...
      X