Getting help for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting help for a friend

Hi all, wondering if anybody can give me some guidance. A girl at work has been losing weight and I am worried that she may have an eating disorder. She was already thin but has lost more weight in recent months. She has had some stress in recent times and is a nervous sort of person. She is single and now lives alone so I worry that there isn't a someone prompting her to eat. She does eat at work.

I know she is close to her parents but I don't know much about them.

Any ideas on helping her? My normal approach is like a bull at a gate but I know that that would be counter productive in this instance.

Invite her over for dinner, and give her the leftovers coz there's no room in the fridge.

Comment

Yeah I feel that it might run deeper than just not eating, like she really needs some kind of intervention but i don't know the right way to help her get to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mybabyjade View Post
        Invite her over for dinner, and give her the leftovers coz there's no room in the fridge.
        Ummm that attitude sucks or perhaps your wit just missed the mark with me. Wth?

Op why not try calling the Butterfly Foundation? They have some extended hours and are knowledgeable in this area. There are lots of reasons why people lose/gain weight but good on you for noticing and being concerned and recognising that the bull/gate dynamic is not going to work in this situation!
        http://thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/contact-us/
        Last edited by BbBbBh; 03-02-2015, 22:08.

Comment

Originally posted by BbBbBh View Post
          Ummm that attitude sucks or perhaps your wit just missed the mark with me. Wth?

Op why not try calling the Butterfly Foundation? They have some extended hours and are knowledgeable in this area. There are lots of reasons why people lose/gain weight but good on you for noticing and being concerned and recognising that the bull/gate dynamic is not going to work in this situation!
          Cheers. I might give them a call. Another lady at work is worried for her too.

Comment

Working...
          X