No announcement yet.

Bulimia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It takes a long time and a lot of support. I was quite young when I had to face these demons. I wanted so much to be skinny (I already was) but I loved food too much so I would binge when dieting and then purge (to be honest I think I still do this without the purging, no wonder I never lose any weight).
    In the end We (as the family did it together) used the shock of reality. There were pictures of rotten teeth all over the toilet walls, acne ridden skin, bruised eyes and a message written on the toilet seat...
    I actually had a look and found a very similar message that summed it up. The shock was horrible and the message sweet.
    Clearly in a house with children (I was the youngest child so this was easier) and only one toilet this would not be possible to do, but a nice message is always possible...

Comment

I am former-bulimic and drug addict. There is life beyond these horrific addictions.

I would suggest looking into Borderline Personality Disorder, which I have. The treatment is Dialectical Behavioural Therapy and helps builds skills to counter the impulsiveness, feelings of emptiness, emotional volatility and lack of self care Borderlines tend to experience.

xx

Comment

Yes cranky and tired, I am nearly convinced I have bpd, I asked about it on here months ago. I have a psych appointment in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Notably Nutty View Post
          It takes a long time and a lot of support. I was quite young when I had to face these demons. I wanted so much to be skinny (I already was) but I loved food too much so I would binge when dieting and then purge (to be honest I think I still do this without the purging, no wonder I never lose any weight).
          In the end We (as the family did it together) used the shock of reality. There were pictures of rotten teeth all over the toilet walls, acne ridden skin, bruised eyes and a message written on the toilet seat...
          I actually had a look and found a very similar message that summed it up. The shock was horrible and the message sweet.
          Clearly in a house with children (I was the youngest child so this was easier) and only one toilet this would not be possible to do, but a nice message is always possible...
          Thank you. I'm sorry you went through it too.

I don't think horror pics would work for me. I've been doing it seventeen years and still manage to look nice so deep down I don't think I believe it.

Comment

I hate this disorder!!!!!! I hate it so much.

Comment

Hugs frenchy

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Hugs hugs hugs.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Ffrenchknickers View Post
                  I hate this disorder!!!!!! I hate it so much.
                  Really? Then you are half way there. I think I was in denial even to the point of breaking it. Addictive personalities and all that, I don't think I ever hated it. I knew it could cause cancer, rot my teeth, make my cheeks fat and bloated looking etc and that helped me (well the constant reminders of what could happen) but I never hated it. So for you to be able to say that I think you are strong enough to break it, even though it has been a big part of your life for so long.
                  I had bulimia for 10 years. I don't think I could go back and do that again, but I do acknowledge that I still have an eating disorder that I need to watch and fight against, along with a number of other domino effects that come from being addicted to self-destruction for so long (plus the extra years afterwards in which I traded bulimia for other things equally as self destructive) and I never reached that point in my process.
                  Thankfully I made it out the other side and I can look back and say because of my journey I am here today with all that I have and I am happy to know what I know, have the love that I have. Whereas then, I never looked to the past, or the future. Just the now. In that now there was no love or hate, just the destruct button... (if that makes sense?)

Comment

i hope you get the help you need. its a vicious cycle. you want to get better and start eating/being 'normal' then something clicks and makes you feel like you have actually lost control, so you do anything to get control back.
                    thikning of you french. you are so strong to reach out for help and not just suffer with it.
                    Last edited by Lakey; 11-10-2013, 14:05.

Comment

Thanks so much to the latest posters xx

Comment

Working...
                      X