Thailand - tips for taking a baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thailand - tips for taking a baby

We're traveling to Thailand soon and was wondering if anyone had any tips for taking a 1 year old?
    I'm thinking I'll bring enough formula to get us through as I'm not really confident that they'll have a decent one there? I'm assuming it'll be fine to buy nappies over there though?

Thailand - tips for taking a baby

Originally posted by GBA85 View Post
    We're traveling to Thailand soon and was wondering if anyone had any tips for taking a 1 year old?
    I'm thinking I'll bring enough formula to get us through as I'm not really confident that they'll have a decent one there? I'm assuming it'll be fine to buy nappies over there though?
    I take everything save myself having to stuff around looking for anything I need there.

Make sure to take mosquito repellent (we use the Moo Goo) and I always take hyrdalites and all the first aid bits that might be needed.

I also pack food as well - snacks and meals. I'm pretty cautious travelling with babies especially somewhere even you as an adult can't drink the water.

We took dd to Bali when she was nearly 1 and I started sterilising her bottles again while we were there just to be safe! We are also headed to Bali soon and Ds will be 6 months.

How long are you going for?

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=99913]French Pear[/MENTION]. What did you for bottle sterilization? I'm trying to pack as lightly as possible so a big bulky sterilizer won't work for us.

I can pack some snacks for her but she's really particular about food and every single packaged food I've tried her on has been spat straight back out at me. She usually just eats what we eat :-/

We'll be there for a week.

Comment

When we went on holiday and was still sterilising we used Milton tablets. Really easy to use, make up a solution in a clean bowl and soak bottles for 15 mins I think. You can leave solution made up for 24 hrs though. It might damage bottles in long run but for short duration it's a lot easier to take a few tablets than a steriliser.

Comment

Originally posted by GBA85 View Post
          Thanks [MENTION=99913]French Pear[/MENTION]. What did you for bottle sterilization? I'm trying to pack as lightly as possible so a big bulky sterilizer won't work for us.

I can pack some snacks for her but she's really particular about food and every single packaged food I've tried her on has been spat straight back out at me. She usually just eats what we eat :-/

We'll be there for a week.
          You can get bags from that you put in a microwave that act as a steriliser

Comment

where are you staying? If you have a microwave in your room, then I would take a container or bags to microwave them. If not then the Milton tablets.

formula - I would definitely take enough. I wouldnt buy it there.

food - they have supermarkets with normal food (DD ate baked beans, tinned fruit etc) which I bought there (she was older than 1 though). Cheese, fruit, plain buscuits etc from the supermarket as well.

restaurants service fried rice everywhere so she can share some of that of yours.

have fun

Comment

Thanks ladies. I only thought of the Milton tablets after my earlier post. I'll look into the bags aswell I'm not sure if we have a microwave in our rooms so I might bring Milton tablets just incase.

We're staying at Patong.

I had planned on taking two tins of formula, even though we'll probably only need one. I don't want to end up having to buy who knows what kind of formula there.
              Our little one will most likely eat things like tinned fruit and cheese so I think I'll take some of those Rafferty's Garden snack bars and then I'll try to buy things like sultanas and a block of cheese from a supermarket to take as snacks for her.

Comment

Working...
              X