Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotels & Places to Visit in Brisbane! Help 'Bones out!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotels & Places to Visit in Brisbane! Help 'Bones out!!!

DP & I are in the midst of organizing ourselves a little holiday when he gets time of work. And it's around my birthday next year so I thought it fitting to go to Brisbane where the 'Bones was born...

So, I'm after some suggestions on nice hotels to stay at that are in the city, or very close to, as we are not taking our car. We are taking both the girls, we don't see the point in a holiday without them at this point, so the hotel does need to be child friendly.

And at that, if anyone knows of any secret little gems to visit... I think but I'm not sure if the Botanic Gardens is in there.. I think we walked by it at 2am one morning after a concert and we were stranded - that's another story... like, the museum is still open up there yeah? Ideas?

Anyway, please, suggestions? Even places to stay away from if you've had a bad experience.

hey, the museum is still open, theres a science center underneath it as well. The best thing about Brissy is the Southbank pool area, its had a makeover and its perfect for kiddies and its cheap

Comment

Cheers! I didn't know the Science Centre was under the museum! I went years ago with school and it was such a long, long walk...

Awesome. And I forgot about the South Bank water area...
      Last edited by Bubs'n'Roses; 03-12-2009, 18:52.

Comment

Originally posted by julez19 View Post
        hey, the museum is still open, theres a science center underneath it as well. The best thing about Brissy is the Southbank pool area, its had a makeover and its perfect for kiddies and its cheap
        CHeap? lol its FREE!! and AWESOME!!!

I know many places but am feeling parrrtttiiiccularly lazy tonight!

If i get more energy i will post

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCake View Post
          CHeap? lol its FREE!! and AWESOME!!!

I know many places but am feeling parrrtttiiiccularly lazy tonight!

If i get more energy i will post
          I know the feeling!! But please do when you have the energy

Comment

Not sure about the hotels, as I've never stayed in Brisbane as I live here (that seems nonsensial reading it back, but you get the drift).

Make sure you go to GOMA. Even if the exhibition is a bit ho-hum, it's a great space.

The botanic gardens is still there. The gardens at Roma Street parklands are really nice if you're a botano-phile.

I'll think of some more...

Comment

There is also an art gallery and the library right behind the museum, they are both cool and free and they have free things to entertain the kiddies too.

I went to the art gallery the other day and they have some pretty awesome things showing at the moment, i am taking the kids back next week to look at a few exibits

Comment

A round trip on the city cat is always fun.

You can hop off at New Farm Park, which is fantastic.

Comment

Thank you. I forgot all about the city cat.

Comment

Come to my house

Comment

Working...
                    X