Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We mainly go in off peak periods, so booking months ahead isn't a big deal for us, plus we do a lot of camping, which isn't to bad to book.
    Also a fan of the last minute deals if we decide on a spontaneous stay somewhere.

Comment

way in advance!! lol - as others before me have said, organisation is the key!!
      any major holidays we book and plan at least 6 months in advance, the next one for the GC was booked earlier this year.......for next February....

that said we often do weekend camping trips around Tassie, or even a week or so if I can get the time off work in the school holidays and these trips are usually planned with a few days notice at most, (I'm on a casual roster so don't know my hours until a few days before the week starts). on these trips we look for last minute specials and break up camping with a stay for a night at a nice hotel

We always research where we are going or plan to go, always have a list on the go of where we would like to go, reasons why we want to visit that place, things to do and see, accommodation options etc for each one and then when we find we have time off we go

Comment

Always by booking at the last minute For example, just booked our holiday away to Daydream Island in QLD in a few weeks, normal price had been around $1100, just bought them today for $756

Comment

We generally book well in advance as we have our own business, so it often takes us a few months to sort everything out to be able to go away.
          Though we did just go away for our 10 year anniversary in May and we booked that only 5 weeks before hand. But we were only gone 4 days.

Comment

We prefer to book our holidays well in advance. Also we choose accommodation very carefully. Although we had only 1 trip with our children but that was quite memorable.

Comment

Originally posted by zenifa View Post

For us, once we've come back from holidays, that is when we start thinking of the next holiday and start tentatively thinking of when/where we will go away.
              Like the previous post, we prefer to research the destination, accomm/restaurant/activity/kids options quite thoroughly before deciding on a holiday and making a booking.!!
              Ira depressing coming back from hols, so we like to start planning ASAP too!

We also need time in advance for DH to secure holidays at work so they don't clash with the other team members.

Comment

Every January we stay in cabins down the coast with two other families and we rebook the cabins on check-out so that holiday is booked a year in advance.

However, generally we are a mixture of last minute and 4-6 months out for our big family holidays. We generally go overseas once a year and while we tend to plan where we are going and when fairly early (10-12 months out) we wait to actually book. I do
                Lots of research, wait for airline sales, and also generally get three agents to
                Quote and then play them off to get the best deal.

Comment

We usually book many months in advance. A lot of our holidays have been matched up with my work conferences so we need to book about 3 months in advance to get the accomodation we want/need. We all went to Darwin last year and booking 4 months in advance we still struggled to get suitable accomodation! We got some, but if we'd waited another week there would have been nothing left for what we needed!

We're currently trying to plan a holiday for the end of the year and are hoping to book any day!

Comment

We book our yearly holiday 12 months in advance! And pay it off through the year!! 2 weeks at Christmas right on the beach at rainbow bay!!

Comment

We start planning our next holiday as soon as we get back from the last one - it's always nice having something to look forward to & my work requires time off to be booked well in advance.
                      I'm obsessive about researching holidays & will trawl the web for the best deal etc, then once it's booked I'll plan activities, restaurants, transport etc. DH & I have figured out we like an organised holiday!
                      We have a trip to Port Douglas booked for May next year.

Comment

I'm constantly planning holidays.

In the next 2 months, we've got 4 holidays booked- ranging from 2 night weekend trips, to 7 night week long trips. I've booked Easter as well. I love planning- keeps me from going insane. I also use it as a bit of blackmail leverage to get DS to get his homework done.

Comment

We try to go on holiday once a yr...I start planning when I have enough money for a deposit then can pay it all off before we even go.

Comment

I absolutely love traveling. I love the whole planning and researching and it's easier for me to save when I have a goal to work towards. I research costs of everything and spending money then usually book 1 year ahead.....that's for overseas. For interstate or in Melbourne I wait till about 4-6 months before so I can get a good deal. I'm already planning Adelaide for end of next year. We have Malaysia/Singapore booked for Jan 2015. And finances permitting probably Sydney mid year. It's the only luxury I have. Not a shoes/clothes/make-up/bags anything person! Don't know if I'll get pregnant ever again so this is my only vice.

Comment

Working...
                            X