• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the yummy mummy meal plan- drop 2kgs a week

i'll type it all out, day by day so bare with me.. and grab a pen

monday
    breakfast
    1 serve instant porridge (original flavour) made with 180ml skim milk. sweeten with 1 tsp runny honey and sprinkle with 10g pumpkin seeds; plus 80g seedless grapes.

snack - 1 x 400g tin vegtable soup with 1 dark rye crispbread.

lunch.
    50g thick-sliced dark rye bread spread with 1 tbsp reduced-fat hummus, with half a sliced large tomato plus 1 sliced red capsicum, spring onion, fresh parsley or basil, drizzled with 1 tsp olive oil; 1 apple or pear.
    dinner.
    cook 60g whole meal pasta and serve with 4 tbsp tomato pasta sauce and 50g mozzarella. serve with side salad and oil-free dressing.
    dessert.
    100g vanilla ice-cream with 1 tbsp fresh fruit coulis.

tuesday.
    breakfast.
    smoothie : blend 250ml skim milk, 1 small banana, 50g frozen partially thawed raspberries or blackberries, 2tsp ground almonds.

snack- 1 large banana and 25g pretzels.

lunch
    a pre-prepared cheese and salad sandwich or wrap using wholemeal bread/wrap containing 1,465kj (350cal) or less; 1 apple.

dinner.
    cook 40g brown basmati rice. heat 1tsp oil in a non-stick pan and stir-fry baby corn and snow peas. add 75g canned chick peas and 100g chicken fillet or 5 tofu pieces, and 40g chicken tikka sauce. fry for 3 mins.

dessert. 40g bag mixed nuts and raisins

Comment

wednesday
      breakfast.
      1 wholemeal muffin, spread with 25g full-fat soft cheese; 2 mandarins or 200g sliced melon.

snack- 8 shelled brazil nuts

lunch
      300ml vegetable and lentil soup, max 835kj (200 cal); 1 small wholemeal roll; 1 apple.

dinner
      beat 2 eggs with 1 tbsp of skim-milk; 2 chopped spring onions; 100g cooked, chopped new potatoes and flat leaf parsley. cook in a non-stick pan sprayed with oil. serve with 60g bread and a side salad with oil-free french dressing.

dessert- 175g fresh raspberries with 2 tbsp low-fat ice-cream and 2 tsp caster sugar.

Comment

thursday.
        breakfast.
        60g muesli with 125 ml skim-milk and 1 medium pear' chopped.

snack- 50g pretzels

lunch
        one bagel split and spread with 2tsp low fat spread; arrange 60g pastrami slices on top.

dinner
        1 x 125g salmon fillet, grilled for a few minutes until cooked. serve with 100g green beans and 100g (cooked weight) pasta with 1 dps ready made hollandaise sauce.

dessert- 1 tim tam; 1 cup low-kj instant hot chocolate

Comment

friday
          breakfast.
          2 weet-bix with 150ml skim-milk; 1 large banana.

snack- half a small avocado with 25g prawns and 1 tbsp reduced-kj vinaigrette

lunch
          i ready made sandwich under 1360kj (325cal); ready- packed individual portion fresh fruit salad.

dinner
          any 1 ready-made meal, no more then 1674kj (400cal) and 12g fat per serving; 2 x 100g portions green vegetables or 1 large green salad with oil-free dressing.

dessert- 175g fresh strawberries

Comment

saturday
            breakfast.
            1 x tin low sugar, low salt baked beans on 1 x 30g slice wholemeal bread, with 1 tsp low-fat spread; 1 apple

snack- 20g low-fat hummus on 2 low-fat crackers; 1 large banana.

lunch
            75g cooked smoked turkey breast slices; lettuce, cut into thin wedges; plenty of watercress and half a ripe mango sliced; 1 tbsp oil-free french dressing. serve with 1 wholemeal mini pita.

dinner
            1 x 225g baked potato, topped with 100g, heated, drained, brown lentils mixed with 2 tbsp ready-made tomato pasta sauce, with 1 tbsp grated parmesan and 75g broccoli; 100g tub low-fat fruit fromage frais.

dessert
            40g brie, camembert or goats cheese with 2 rye crackers

Comment

sunday
              breakfast.
              2 large tomatoes, halved, grilled and served on 1 x 30g slice wholemeal toast with 1 tsp low-fat spread; 1 x 125ml tub low-fat fruit yoghurt.

snack 2 oatcakes topped with 40g brie

lunch
              5 rounded tbsp (125g) cooked brown rice, tossed with crunchy raw salad vegetables, diced, oil free french dressing and a choice of either 80g lean ham, chopped; 30g jarlsberg or cheddar cheese, chopped.

dinner
              1 x McCains cheese and tomato micro pizza, served with a very large mixed leaf salad, plus cucumber, sliced capsicum, red onion and fresh herbs, with an oil free dressing.

dessert, 3 rings pineapple in juice with 100ml greek yoghurt and 1 tsp honey

Comment

and thats it..... time for a smoke and a coffee

Comment

Thanks bj!!! big hugs 2 ya!

Comment

Good on you Bronny-Jane..
                    I just didn't have the energy to do that!!

Comment

Bronny Jane's a legend!!
                      (& M, T & J's mum IS COOL )

Comment

Good job!

I do something similar but smaller meals, 6-7 times a day, must be working as I am loosing weight!

Comment

HI all
                          I think its a great idea but just a quick Question...
                          Does it say you can substitute anything if you dont like something or cant eat something? And does it say what you can & cant drink?
                          Thanks

Comment

it doesnt say, but if you replace it with something similar im sure it would be ok, as for drinks, im still going to have my coffee, just limit it to 4 a day, and diet softdrinks too

Comment

well done bj typing that out!
                              and with three kids....
                              my hero

Comment

Working...
                              X