No announcement yet.

Diet/Meal plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did lite and easy 9 years ago so I am not sure if it has changed a lot in that time but I found it to be great. Yes, lots of packaging but so convenient. Grab the lunch bag and out the door for the day. I was travelling a lot for work so I found it so useful.
    I lost 12 kgs in 6 months. I did increase my exercise but not to crazy levels. It is essentially just calorie controlled. I went from 68kgs to 56kgs. I sit around 58 now so it has been maintained. For me, it was resetting my portion size and being more aware of calories.

Comment

If you don't want to necessari

Comment

Not sure if you’ve found something yet but I ordered some YouFoodz the other week and thought they were pretty good. Much nicer than lite and easy.

Comment

Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
          Not sure if you’ve found something yet but I ordered some YouFoodz the other week and thought they were pretty good. Much nicer than lite and easy.
          Thanks for this I actually had an order in youfoodz sitting there last night and just couldn’t commit I always find it hard to know if they will be good or just taste like frozen ready meals.

Was there any stand outs you liked?

This is probably the push I need, I’ve been wasting so much on daily meals for lunch at work!

Comment

Originally posted by Loh4 View Post
            Thanks for this I actually had an order in youfoodz sitting there last night and just couldn’t commit I always find it hard to know if they will be good or just taste like frozen ready meals.

This is probably the push I need, I’ve been wasting so much on daily meals for lunch at work!
            I can’t remember…! I ordered 7 and there was only one I didn’t like (it was a bit dry - I think I might have overheated it and it didn’t have sauce - it was some chicken thing). I ordered from the clean range (250-350 calories). I hate that term though, it implies other food is somehow dirty 🤷‍♀️ I had another weeks worth arrive today and ordered some from the 350-450 calorie range as well. I think the menu selection might get a bit boring quickly as there’s not that many to chose from but will work for a month I guess [emoji16]

Comment

Also my review of lite and easy might have been a bit off putting. The dinners are ok. It was the lunches (and weird snacks that seemed like toddler food) that I really didn’t like.

Comment

Originally posted by Loh4 View Post

I’m currently loving the lamb wrap, it’s so tasty heated in the sandwich press. I find the curries nice the red chicken and butter chicken are good but fairly high in carbs.

Comment

Sorry to crash your thread, Loh. I thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread.

A silly question to ask, but do low-calorie diets work for weight reduction? Is it normal to feel poorly? I'm struggling with the diet set out by my dietitian. I'm a few weeks in, and I still feel dizzy, short-tempered, and foggy, and I'm not happy with it. The weight is not coming off either - I haven't lost a single gram. I'm thinking of going back to a high-fat, low-carb diet with pre-prepared meals from macros or my muscle chef. Does anyone have experience with either of them?
                  I am not an early bird or a night owl.
                  I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Comment

Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
                    Sorry to crash your thread, Loh. I thought I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread.

A silly question to ask, but do low-calorie diets work for weight reduction? Is it normal to feel poorly? I'm struggling with the diet set out by my dietitian. I'm a few weeks in, and I still feel dizzy, short-tempered, and foggy, and I'm not happy with it. The weight is not coming off either - I haven't lost a single gram. I'm thinking of going back to a high-fat, low-carb diet with pre-prepared meals from macros or my muscle chef. Does anyone have experience with either of them?
                    Low calorie diets don't work for me.

What does work for me is - mostly vegan unprocessed foods - lots of legumes fruit, veg, nuts and seeds, brown rice wholemeal bread, wholemeal pasta, oats. minimal oil, plus skim milk and two serves of fish per week. (I'm not a fan of soy/almond milk,)

I was never hungry, ate heaps of food and the weight fell off. I ran what typically ate in a day through chronometer (calorie / nutrtition counter) to make sure I was getting adequate amounts of essential vitamins and minerals.

Nb I didn't see a dietician specificallt but had taken my DD to see one previously about a vegetarian diet and incorporated some of her ideas.

ETA I adopted this way if eating specifically to gey my cholesterol down. Weight loss was a sIde benefit. From memory I was hitting around 1800 to 2000 calories per day and lost 15kg in 6 months. Not rapid weight loss but slow, steady and sustainable. I was also doing a lot of walking.
                    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 26-08-2021, 21:01.

Comment

Working...
                    X