cloth pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cloth pads

Thought I'd start a thread for cloth pads.
    For those of you who use cloth nappies (I'm assuming that's why you're in the cloth thread ) do you use cloth pads? I'm beginning to make the switch atm, as I find it extremely contradictory to put DD2 in cloth nappies and wear plastic myself.
    Although I posted these in another thread just before, I'll add them here:
    http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~obsidian/paganpads/
    http://www.obsidianstar.net/

I've found Obsidian to be really helpful and her sites have some interesting info on pads, cups, reviews, etc

Its all new to me.
    Since discovering mcn cloth I figure that why is it that my bub is so spoilt!?!
    I haven't had AF around for over18 mths, so I woud like to greet her with some soft soft comfort!
    Atm I have only 2 pads, which I bought when I was ordering naps
    Awaiting some more...

Comment

I really want some bamboo knickers!

I think I might trial a bamboo pad for use as a panty liner first and see how that goes.

I think a similar thread was started once before- when I wasn't at all interested. Might have to do a search and read back through it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazza View Post

I think a similar thread was started once before- when I wasn't at all interested. Might have to do a search and read back through it.

If you find the thread - please attach the link to this thread

Comment

I'm still looking OM-
          notice I dragged up the Smug Clothies thread!

And I have found a bamboo nighty and socks! (And some motorbike pants for Hugh, pants with motorbikes on them as opposed to pants to wear on a motorbike.)
          I really want the bamboo nighty but I did just get some new jeans in Adelaide on the weekend so might have to wait.

Comment

I was just thinking about this this morning! (AF arrived). I have been procrastinating about switching to cloth for some time and today I thought, I am going to check out some sites now.
            I haven't seen bamboo ones though-can some one recommend a site that sells bamboo and/or hemp as this is what I want to try. Cheers!

Comment

I found it
              http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ght=cloth+pads
              but there's not much in it,
              there was another I'm going to go back and read too- started by Gremily, LOL

Comment

I've found a couple of links to reviews of cloth pads if you want to check them out. I've looked at Obsidian's before but not the other.
                Does anyone know where rainbow pads have gone? BB's were selling them but when I checked last they were no longer there . I've seen somewhere they're out of stock

http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~obsidia...adreviews.html

I haven't check this one out so not sure what it's like:
                http://www.moonhutnaturals.com/forum...7199bc5862d625

Comment

http://www.obsidianstar.net/ they also have an ozebaby store, great products!

Tee,hee, hee Christmas pads

Comment

Originally posted by gremily View Post
                    Does anyone know where rainbow pads have gone? BB's were selling them but when I checked last they were no longer there . I've seen somewhere they're out of stock
                    They are gorgeous gorgeous pads. The maker of them has decided she needs to take a break from making/selling them and spend some time with her family, she was sewing sewing sewing so much (sounds like a lot of the poor nappy WAHMs actually!). She is reviewing what her next move is while she is spending time with her family and hopefully one day decide to come back with more! I think she and Baby BeeHinds are investigating whether there are other ways that the pads can be sewn up to standard to keep up with demand.

Comment

ok you cloth mummas I have some questions!

How many do you need to get started?

What is the best combination/material?

Are they easy to make yourself?

Where else besides ozbaby can you get them?

And what do you do exactly do you soak them until washing??

Thanks girls

Comment

Hey I noticed the other day that Eenee are making flushable pads now for women not just bubs!

Comment

Just don't dry-pail them! Silly me, they need a soak in cold water or at least a rinse.

I only used them for a few cycles before i got pg so i'm just a learner.

Comment

I don't know if I could go the cloth pad route. I dont like pads anyway... Wouldn't they feel wet all the time???
                            then there's the moon cups or whatever they're called (sparked many a discussion on here) those make me ponder, as much as I've ridiculed them.

I like the eenee pad system there, OM. I wonder how much they'll cost!

Comment

Originally posted by Seekrit View Post

I like the eenee pad system there, OM. I wonder how much they'll cost!
                              They are $4.95 for a pack of 20 you can check them out at www.eenee.com.au

That is really quite cheap isn't it

Comment

Working...
                              X