This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are atheists obsessed with God?

If you dont believe,why do you ask believers questions?

If God doesnt exist, why do you ask so many questions about God's existence?

Why is the topic of God always a hot one to atheists?

Just curious....

Maybe this post would have been more useful in Mr. Noodles thread? I am assuming this question has come from his latest thread?

Im sure he would appreciate your directness and honesty if your question was derived from his thread.

I hope you get what your looking for

Comment

I would assume it would be because they just don't understand how and why so many could believe?

Comment

For me it is to try and understand why people pray and why they believe. Do people have to believe in god to get on with life, is it fear I have no idea. No matter how much information that I get from people I don't understand and don't think that I ever will.

I went to church from when I was a baby until I was 13 so I do know a bit about the bible.

I am sure that when Mr Noodle finds this he will be able to explaine better than I can.

Comment

I am an atheist and I am not obsessed with "god" nor do I ask about "gods" existence.

Comment

Maybe for the same reason I get called up and/or visited at my front door asking why I dont believe in god??? If I want to go to a paradise in the after life...and told that gay people will go to hell.....????

Im being a smart ***...but unfortunately this is what happens alot...I understand where this door knockin etc comes from and I think it is genuinely a good place so it doesnt concern me greatly...just answering the question.

I do agree that the thread we are referring to is pointless, hence why I wont partake in it. I think its wonderful to have faith and it should not be ridiculed.

Comment

they are?

Comment

Originally posted by emevity View Post
                they are?
                My thoughts exactly. Curiosity about something doesnt make it an obsession imo.

Comment

Originally posted by becca74 View Post
                  If you dont believe,why do you ask believers questions?

If God doesnt exist, why do you ask so many questions about God's existence?

Why is the topic of God always a hot one to atheists?

Just curious....
                  LMAO What brought this on

Comment

I completly agree with the others. It is simply trying to understand WHY.

I'm a science nerd (in particular biology), I need proof. I can't make myself believe there's a being out there noone can see who controls everything, it just seems silly, so WHY do so many believe? Is there something they were told I wasn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Amaris&BethanysMum View Post
                      I am an atheist and I am not obsessed with "god" nor do I ask about "gods" existence.

Comment

When I was an atheist I asked believers questions because it was fun to me. I wanted to stump them and make them look ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by thebas2560 View Post
                          When I was an atheist I asked believers questions because it was fun to me. I wanted to stump them and make them look ridiculous.
                          Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by nats View Post
                            LMAO What brought this on
                            Im assuming this

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ad.php?t=70281

Comment

Originally posted by thebas2560 View Post
                              Unfortunately I agree with this statement...I think that is where alot (but not all) of the questions come from.

I guess because faith in god has alot of questions that cant be answered and shouldnt have to be answered...

that is faith isnt it...faith without all the proof....

anyway im an atheist, but I dont think its kind or constructive to ask silly questions of beleivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X