Sleep paralysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep paralysis

After watching a weird movie, the internet reviews led me to something about Lucid dreams (which I have experienced) to sleep paralysis. I have also experienced sleep paralysis before, in my old house. It was very scary. I used to hear footsteps down the hall (at first thinking they were Dh, who was actually at work), sounds of soft drink bottles opening in the kitchen and the feeling of someone coming onto the bed (the weight of someone).
    I found this link to sleep paralysis, thinking it would explain it in more logical terms, but instead freaked the living daylights out of me!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIMo84XkG5I

I rarely experience them anymore, maybe because my kids wake me during the night and early morning.

I suffer from sleep paralysis quite often. Upto 5-6 times a month

When it happens now i talk myself through it (in my head) if you freak out and try to move it seems to take longer to come out of it. (For me anyways)

Comment

I've had a few episodes mostly when I'm already sleep deprived. but it does help to just relax and breathe (or at least in your head relax & breathe lol) and count to 50. that's how I wake myself up from it.

my ones feel like there's aliens or a ghost holding me down. one time I could see hubby (actually him) and I was screaming but not making a sound

Comment

I always see like a demon or freddy trying to get my husband and im powerless to stop them or wake
        My hubby.

For me it happens mostly because
        Of a noise.

I cant nap if people are in the house or it happens. In summer when the house is cooling and makes a cracking noise that does it every time!

If someone sends me an sms and i dont put it on silent. Bam it happens

Comment

I get this. Its awful. Ill be laying there trying to sleep and a feeling of absolute terror/dread washes over me. Then I cant move at all, and get a sense that theres a large 'something' near/around me. It feels like I try amd scream and nothing comes out. It probably lasts a second or two but feels like forever. First started when I was about 16.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

I hate this!! It only really happens if I fall asleep on the lounge or on my back. For years I was convinced it was a ghost until I went to uni and learned about it.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Rue View Post
              I hate this!! It only really happens if I fall asleep on the lounge or on my back. For years I was convinced it was a ghost until I went to uni and learned about it.

Ohhh, what did you learn?

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Rue View Post

I too always thought it was a ghost sitting on my chest.

Comment

I have had this too but not for a long time now. I can't remember what the triggers are. It feels like I can't breathe and move and very frightening. A friend told me it was a ghost sitting on me and trying to suffocate me which freaked me out even more

Comment

It's happened to me a number of times, but thankfully it's a rare occurrence these days.

I used to hear horrible, frightening noises (sometimes like music, sometimes moaning voices) and I've felt hands firmly grabbing at me, hurting me and squeezing me.

My DH has told me that when I'm paralysed he can hear the most faint of whimpers coming from my mouth and he knows to wake me up. It would usually happen just as I fell asleep, so he would often still be awake and able to help me.

Comment

Is this when you are asleep and u 'wake up' buy can't move?

I've experienced that a few times and it's REALLY freaked me out. I scream but don't make a sound, I try to move but I just can't. It's petrifying!

Comment

I have had this for as long as i can remember! I hate it!! I always hear someone moving around in my room, talking, sometimes music, but i can't open my eyes or move at all, or make any sound. Often it feels like some touches me or holds me down. If i try to 'wake' myself from it i have these awful dreams where i think I'm awake but then awful things start happening (like DH trying to strangle me), and I'll realise I'm still asleep...then try to wake again but the same thing happens about 3 times before I'll actually wake...ugh!

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

I'm another one this has happened too. Not pleasant at all! Also I have experienced hallucinations such as spiders and little green men😱

Comment

I had it once while I was pregnant. That was bad enough. I was awake, just felt really heavy and couldn't move or talk. Tried yelling to my other half next to me no sound came out.

mother to a beautiful baby boy

Comment

Oh wow! The timing on this post is scary!
                              I went to my gp last week as I thought I was having some weird seizure or something but it is exactly as you describe. I had my son 13 weeks ago, before him I'd never experienced anything like it, now I've had it happen twice and it is the scariest thing. Trying ti get dh's attention but can't and it is sooo real.
                              I'm so glad I'm not alone, but also so sad there are others experiencing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X