Negative Energy in house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative Energy in house

Do you believe a house can carry some negative energy?

I think the house we just bought (moved in 3 weeks ago) may have some negative energy, the previous owners were selling house due to divorce and I think the house has residual energy from their relationship.
    Since moving in I've been even more annoyed by DP, everything he does annoys me.
    DD fell down the stairs the first day we moved in and in the last week I've had about 50 fish die (most were babies I had been raising for last 3 months-healthy until we moved)

I know logically there is an explanation for all of it, but I my gut instinct says there is negative energy. Also near garage area I always get feeling of being watched, like I expect to turn around and see someone in the window upstairs watching me. I get creeped out closing front gate when we drive out the driveway at night so now that gate gets left open.

I think this house needs a cleanse - I might buy sandalwood incense to burn inside the house. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I believe houses hold energy. Our house, from our very first night here, felt tense and uncomfortable. I cleanse our house regularly with white sage, and it has made a huge difference to how the house feels now.

Comment

I do!

I always seem to be moving house but even as a child I was aware of the energy in some houses as being not all that nice.
      I never voiced it to any of the adults around me at the time but the same houses would come up in conversation many years later and we all felt the same about them.

I don't have any advice on what to do though as I've never done a cleanse.

Good Luck

Comment

I definitely believe certain houses hold negative energy and once you have that 'feeling' it is definitely hard to ignore and shake, so I am another who suggests you burn some white Sage and or someone to come in and cleanse it or bless it depending on which way you're inclined.

Maybe also let some light in as much as you can, some living things inside like plants or even re-arrange the way you have your furniture so that all the energy in the house can flow as opposed to being cut-off or stifled. Some people think this is all airy-fairy stuff, but I say go with your gut and intuition if you feel something.

Comment

*warning - skeptic alert*

If you had not known about the divorce would you still feel the same? Buying and moving into a house is regarded as one of the most stressful things you can do so you and your DH are probably both really stressed out and taking it out on each other (which is somewhat understandable).

Comment

Oh, and open up your house as much as possible. Let air flow though windows and doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Busy-Bee View Post
              *warning - skeptic alert*

If you had not known about the divorce would you still feel the same? Buying and moving into a house is regarded as one of the most stressful things you can do so you and your DH are probably both really stressed out and taking it out on each other (which is somewhat understandable).
              I think I would still feel the same. The garage area makes me think there is more than just negative energy from previous owners.
              I was so weirded out by creepy feeling from garage driveway area that I did an internet search on murders and suicides on our street.
              Apparently years ago ( in 1930s) a women did died from poisoning somewhere on our street, it was suspected that the husband may have murdered her. I don't know whether it was my house but tempted to find out if it was.

Comment

It's not at all uncommon for fish to die when you move them. They are sensitive little creatures (especially the babies).
                It makes sense that you are feeling more annoyed about things if you're not happy in your house. I don't believe in negative energy or any of that stuff but I do think that our mindset and what we believe can have a huge effect on our moods, relationships etc. Maybe there is something you can do to make you feel better about the new house. Paint a feature wall, buy some artwork or get a canvas printed to hang on the wall, rearrange the furniture. Make sure you let in as much natural light as you can during the day, and depending on the weather open up the windows and let some fresh air in. It's amazing what a difference the little things can make to our moods

Comment

Most definitely they can hold bad energies. I was actually looking at a house online yesterday that I used to live in but moved out of due to the bad feelings I'd always get, I almost ended up with anxiety and dd used to have night terrors (which never happened again after we moved). It also had a bad spirit. It has been up for rent 8 times in the last 5 years.. I broke my lease early to leave that house and I wouldn't be surprised if it affected others too.

You can try placing crystals like rose quartz around the house, and cleansing with white sageb(get a big smudge stick) try to do the cleansing regularly if it's particularly bad, that's what I had to do in my old hoyse

Comment

Originally posted by DarcyJ View Post
                    It's not at all uncommon for fish to die when you move them. They are sensitive little creatures (especially the babies).
                    I know it does happen. I even know why the the initial deaths started. The filter plug came slightly detached from wall socket, so that the filter turned off. I'm not sure how long it was turned off but probably long enough to kill the bacteria in there so my tank had to cycle again....therefore causing mass deaths. The deaths which occurred after being removed from the tank probably occurred from damage already done from ammonia spike. Tested tanks for ammonia today though and there was none....so perhaps tank cycled in last two days..

I know I've been stressed with cleaning out last property so that we get our bond back too and I got my period this week so that probably contributed to being a mega b1tch too

Comment

Also you can try a ba gua mirror placed outside above a door or window directed at the area you get the bad feelings from. Never use these inside though. Link with more info

http://fengshui.about.com/od/glossar...aguamirror.htm

Comment

My parents were big on this stuff. When we moved into a new house I remember my dad going on about the negative energy of the previous owners, cleansing rituals and getting us all to work together to build a mental wall between us and the neighbours house on one side because they had too much negative energy.

The truth (as I see it) is the only negative energy in our house was coming from my abusive, nutbar dad. No amount of cleansing, seances (yes, he made us as children participate) and mumbo jumbo was going to get rid of that or the demons of his past that haunted his head.

The previous owners went on to live a happy marries life half a suburb away while we grew up in an abusive hell with the marriage ending in divorce.

So, you may have guessed, I'm a bit jaded on this sort of stuff. I used to believe in it all a little bit more, plus did some study of Feng Shui. The latter contradicted itself in so many ways across the various streams/sects of belief that I couldn't continue to believe in it.

I do believe that colours can alter our moods (though not uniformally across all individuals), plants emit oxygen and smells cause a strong memory recall which can impact on our reaction to a space.

Burning of a highly fragrant herb or incence can help with the smells, ditto a fresh coat of paint.

My fish kept dying when I moved as their new spot got direct sunlight for 30 minutes or so each day (while i was out at work). Moved them, all good.

Comment

Working...
                        X