No announcement yet.

**trigger warning** Assisted dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% for. It's disgusting the way we allow people to suffer. Completely inhumane and immoral.
    No one has the right to tell me when I can live or die. I have seen terminally I'll people suffering and there is no way I would allow myself to get to that point.
    It really makes my blood boil that I can be forced into a situation where I am suffering, unable to use the bathroom and that my family need to be traumatised by it all.

Comment

Absolutely 100% for. I don't believe it should only be for terminal illness, I don't understand why someone should have to live with a serious illness or mental illness if they don't want to. Yes there would have to be some strict laws to protect people, I am sure this can be worked out.

Comment

For.

My dad died from cancer, and I'll never forget waiting around in the hospital for days with him in a chemically induced coma just waiting for his heart to stop beating. Umm.. why?
        DS1 – 10, DD1 – 9, DS2 – 7, DS3 - 4

Comment

For.

People with a terminal illness deserve the option to die in a dignified manner.

Beyond that, what about people with sound mind but the physical inability to commit suicide? I think it's bullsh!t that physically able people can end their life if they choose to, but a quadriplegic, for example, doesn't have that option. Why should their right to end their life be taken away because of physical restrictions?

Comment

Definitely for.

If someone knows they're terminal, why make them suffer? We put our animals down out of respect and not wanting them to suffer (and that's without their permission), why not give our human loved ones that same option.

Comment

Working...
            X