No announcement yet.

Shortage of Sperm and Egg donors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the law change that dried up sperm donors. That law needs to bw reversed. So that no one has to wait on a list.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitten1979 View Post
      Its the law change that dried up sperm donors. That law needs to bw reversed. So that no one has to wait on a list.
      I can understand why it has too. I'm sure many people want to make an anonymous gift and don't won't to be tracked down. I also understand why children would have the need to track down their biological parents. It's a really tricky situation.

Comment

I would consider donating my eggs... but I do not want some kid knocking on my door in years to come claiming to be mine. My unused eggs mean very little me - they'd either be donated or get "thrown away," via menstration. I think I'd feel more attached to a child that was carried in my body, even if not by my own eggs (surrogacy), or a child that I put up for adoption than one that resulting from my harvested eggs and grew up in the body of another person.

And, as bad as it sounds, I think I'd perhaps be more likely to do it if there was some small financial incentive... and I hazard a guess that I'm not the only person who feels this way. Not a huge amount - just enough to make it worthwhile to put my body through that and deal with the issues that may arise as a result.

Comment

I know this is an old thread- but I thought I should reply regardless.

I understand your frustration with waiting for IVF. I am a lesbian, who gave birth to a child last year through home insemination. I didn’t have medical issues and we had a known donor! Not ALL gay people use the donor registry. Most people I know use known donors.

I am also a lesbian who has donated my eggs TWICE. Once to a straight couple needing an egg, and another to a gay couple with a surrogate. I chose who I wanted to donate to based on the kindness of that person and wether I felt like they would bring children up in a loving environment. We need more KIND children that don’t have negative views on people who are different.

Comment

I love this Emilygelou. You are truly a selfless person. I hope to donate my eggs some day and would only ever hope for kindness too.

Originally posted by Emilygelou View Post
            I know this is an old thread- but I thought I should reply regardless.

I understand your frustration with waiting for IVF. I am a lesbian, who gave birth to a child last year through home insemination. I didn’t have medical issues and we had a known donor! Not ALL gay people use the donor registry. Most people I know use known donors.

I am also a lesbian who has donated my eggs TWICE. Once to a straight couple needing an egg, and another to a gay couple with a surrogate. I chose who I wanted to donate to based on the kindness of that person and wether I felt like they would bring children up in a loving environment. We need more KIND children that don’t have negative views on people who are different.

Comment

Working...
            X