Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop Ebay Selling Animals On-line For Fur Trade!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop Ebay Selling Animals On-line For Fur Trade!

YEP! Its actually happening....

If you dont know much about the fur trade please PM me and ill forward on details to you.

Basically animals are skinned alive, often on the streets, for their fur.

Can YOU IMAGINE having your skin peeled offf?

( PS the site does contain very sad stories, and if you go beyond the petition page can get quite upsetting )

Thankyou.
    Last edited by nemosmum; 23-11-2006, 10:47. Reason: No links requesting people to sign petitions......moderators mistake, sorry

Sorry hun, the link isnt working

Comment

Working now!

Comment

Works for me !

Thanks Caithi. This is really sad and needs to be stopped.

Comment

Thanks for fixing it! Ive signed it now

Damn those cruel people

Comment

i couldn't look at the pics so i went staright to the petition and signed it. poor animals.

Comment

oh i was going to sign it until I saw it was PETA- They are extremists. Ive heard terrible stories about them!!

I hope your not a member as I dont want to offend anyone but I dont agree with PETA's way of handeling the situations

Comment

Im not a member but the petition that you sign goes to ebay not to peta.

You can change the wording to on the letter if you would like.

One person can make a difference!

Comment

Such a disgusting trade-I cant believe that people can be so heartless and cruel . Ive always been of the belief that the people who harm animals should have the same torture inflicted on them (what they did to the animal)!!! Lets see how much they like it!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by adele View Post
                    oh i was going to sign it until I saw it was PETA- They are extremists. Ive heard terrible stories about them!!

I hope your not a member as I dont want to offend anyone but I dont agree with PETA's way of handeling the situations
                    Can I ask why you don't like PETA????????

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PETA

Putting their name to any cause reduces its credibility to zero, pretty much.

That page itself is misleading in the extreme.

P1: a cruel fur trade exists in china.
                      P2: eBay sells animals in china
                      C: eBay condones and/or contributes to said fur trade.

Sorry, but that dog, so to speak, won't hunt.

Yes, it's a bad thing that there's a lot of inhumane animal husbandry practices in China. You should see what they do to bears. And yes, it's a bad thing that people keep dogs in terrible conditions.

But I seriously doubt that anyone in the dogskin trade is going to be buying the things off eBay. That borders on the bizarre. If you're running an operation like that, you'll breed them yourself or round them up off the streets, not spend hours online, then deal with payments and deliveries and suchlike.

And while it'd be nice if eBay refused to accept ads for animals obviously kept in inhumane conditions, it's just not workable. It'd require a live expert to go over every photo to try and determine the suitability of the living conditions, which simply wouldn't work.

There may be some pretty callous people in China, but that hardly makes it acceptable to tar a couple of *billion* people with that same brush, by banning the sale of animals for all of them.

And frankly - if they're in such terrible conditions, chances are their lives can only get better by going to a new owner. What, you want them to stay where they are? How does that help?

This just sounds like typical PETA attention-seeking to me.

Colour me unimpressed.

Comment

It is a shame and it still happens in Australia too...... I am a Burmese cat addict and their fur is one of the biggest on the hitlist in Australia and it makes me very sad. I have heard of many Burmese cats go "missing" particularly in the southern states.

I thought it is illegal to sell animals on Ebay, or is it just Australia?

Comment

Well I think its worth doing, even if people dont like PETA - if it helps save one little fluff ball then Im happy!

I have signed it and emailed all of my friends the link to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Noodle View Post

P1: a cruel fur trade exists in china.

And frankly - if they're in such terrible conditions, chances are their lives can only get better by going to a new owner. What, you want them to stay where they are? How does that help?
                            P1: a cruel fur trade exists in china. It does!

They wouldnt be going to a loving home or new owner... they are being sold for their fur!

Hey, any group who are extreme may rub people up the wronng way but if it stops this kind of thing happening or if they at least bring this to the attention of people who care - ie me and the other posters in here - maybe something can be done about it.

It really only does take one person to makle a difference, one step closer etc etc . They make people look and either take it with a grain of salt or actually try to help - either through peta or on a personal level which is I think a good thing.

I wasnt taring anyone with the same brush... but you have to admit the treatment of all animals in china is disgusting...

eg - Animal olympics
                            eg - Moon bears as you bought up
                            eg - Cat and dog fur

This list goes on.

Everyone has their cause, other countries do it too, its just my cause.

PS - Im not loyal to any organisation, I am loyal to animals who do not have a voice of their own.

PPS - So I take it you didnt sign it lol - you just wanted to make a neg point?

Comment

Um, I'm not denying that a cruel fur trade exists.

Quite the opposite, in fact.

I'm disputing that this fact, in conjunction with the fact that eBay facilitates animal sales, implies that eBay in any way boosts this trade.

Not all animal trade in china is for such purposes, and frankly I seriously doubt that any significant percentage of ebay listings for animals in china end being purchased by fur traders.

Further, I don't think that eBay's refusal to carry the ads would affect the fur trade in the slightest.

Please do correct me if you have evidence to the contrary.

Based on this assumption, I can see no benefit from such a ban - and thus no reason to enforce it and deny people the opportunity to trade.

If you want to do some good, I'd suggest petitioning the chinese government to implement some animal cruelty laws, thereby attacking the cause of the problem, and potentially producing some real results.

As for PETA: a mention of their name makes most people think 'dishonest eco-terrorist wackos', and it would be a shame to see any worthy cause (such as the end of the fur trade) to be tarnished by association with them.

So no, I didn't sign. But not 'just to make a neg point'.

Comment

Working...
                              X