X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No relief for woman who cooked husband

Knight life sentence appeal dismissed
    Monday Sep 11 10:47 AEST
    A woman jailed for life for stabbing her defacto husband 37 times, skinning him and cooking his body parts as a meal for his children has lost an appeal against the severity of her sentence.

The NSW Court of Criminal Appeal dismissed an appeal by former abattoir worker Katherine Knight against her life sentence for the February 2000 murder of her partner John Price.

The NSW Supreme Court in 2001 sentenced Knight to life in jail after she pleaded guilty to murdering Mr Price at the home they shared at Aberdeen in the NSW Hunter Valley.

Knight, 50, is the first woman in Australia's history to be sentenced to life in prison.

She had appealed against the sentence claiming the killing was not in the worst category of murder.

Knight stabbed 44-year-old Mr Price 37 times with a butcher's knife before skinning him and hanging his hide from a meat hook in their lounge room on February 29, 2000.

She then decapitated him and put his head in a pot on the stove, baked flesh from his buttocks and cooked vegetables and gravy as side dishes to serve to Mr Price's children.

Police found the macabre dinner before the adult children arrived home.

Justices Peter McClellan, Michael Adams and Megan Latham dismissed the appeal.

In his judgment, Justice McClellan said he agreed with Supreme Court Justice Barry O'Keefe, who sentenced Knight.

"This was an appalling crime, almost beyond contemplation in a civilised society," Justice McClellan said in his written judgment.

"The crime was the product of a violent personality intent upon claiming the life of her de facto (husband) in a relationship which was plainly failing."

He said Knight had not expressed remorse for the killing.

"The psychiatric evidence indicates that her personality is unlikely to change in the future and if released, she would be likely to inflict serious injury, perhaps death, on others.

"The deceased's family may be at particular risk."

Golly, I don't really know what to say after that...

Comment

Comment

All I can say is

Comment

OMG what a sicko

Comment

Comment

Comment

My face LITERALLY looks like that.
                OH MY GOD.

What is wrong with some people?!

Comment

I wonder what would drive someone to carry that out???

Comment

That is one of the sickest things I have ever heard! I have to wonder though, what drove her to that point of insanity?

Comment

You would have to be SERIOUSLY screwed in the head to do something like that!!!OMG!That is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo disgusting!

Comment

I've read a book about her and the murder. It's not a happy tale. *shudder*

Comment

What on earth possessed her to do it?

When I read it on Ninemsn this afternoon Im like "What the??"

Comment

I'm trying to remember the full story - damn me and my terrible memory! It had something to do with her having had a string of bad relationships and she couldn't face the fact that this one was about to end (or had ended? Can't remember).
                            She didn't like his (adult) children. I still have the book somewhere but I have no idea where - it's in one of the many many boxes of books my husband refuses to part with...

Comment

I've read the book too. She is one scary woman! Definately not normal....obviously!!

Comment

Working...
                              X