Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Green Thread-All about being green!

Hi Bubhubber's. This thread has been created due to the growing number of member's who are concerned with our environment and the changes that are taking place. Some of you may have already visited the Earth Hour thread

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?t=73266

and the new Cool The Globe thread.

http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/forums/showthread.php?t=74325

You will find many helpful and informative sites at the sticky, set up to help people navigate their way around the huge issues we are facing at the moment. Thanks go largely to Pink Lady for her dedication to this cause and putting together this list of sites.
    So, if you have any ideas, queries, information to share or you are just curious and want to find out more, then this is the thread to come to.

Here are some sites that may help you along on your green journey.

Carbon Neutral
    Cool Aid
    Cool the Globe
    Earth Hour
    Energex - Environmental Solutions
    EnviroSaver Programme (NSW initiative)
    GreenHouse - Your Home (Fed gov't initiative)
    Lights Off
    Planet Ark
    Rising Tide Australia
    www.freecycle.org

Updated and revised 10th April, 2008.

http://www.compostweek.com.au/

Walk against Global Warming in your state!

Connect with others in your area who are as passionate about climate change as you are

Yummy organic wine!

Support the Climate Protection Bill

Stop Global Warming
    Victoria Green House Strategy
    Latest climate change update
    DIY Green Household Cleaners
    Green Energy Expo 2008

Action Earth!
    http://www.breathingearth.net/
    http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/factoids.htm
    Last edited by Funkychicken; 10-04-2008, 12:01.

Nothing to contribute at the moment but I love it Sal! Ace thread. Be careful or someone will call you a hippy

Comment

here is a blog of someone I know from another forum, it has been very inspiring to me and I have used alot of similar philospohies. I have been doing alot of 'swapping' recently. As in instead of buying Luca new growsuits I posted asking if anyone has some they weren't using and we negotiated a swap in order to save resources and rebel (in a tiny,tiny way) about consumption and the idea that we just 'buy,buy, buy'.

Eilleen's Consumption Rebellion

Comment

Originally posted by stellaj View Post
        Nothing to contribute at the moment but I love it Sal! Ace thread. Be careful or someone will call you a hippy

Sal, ya big hippy!
        What a good thread... I know I'm in need of educating, so I'll be in here a lot for sure

Comment

Wow! I've never seen Eileens blog! Excellent!

Here is a simulation of the earth, birth rates, death rates, and CO2 emissions for every country.

http://www.breathingearth.net/

It's quite spooky watching.

Comment

Originally posted by ApprenticeMomma View Post
            That is fantastic!!! Its in my favourites now

Comment

here is a blog of someone I know from another forum, it has been very inspiring to me and I have used alot of similar philospohies. I have been doing alot of 'swapping' recently. As in instead of buying Luca new growsuits I posted asking if anyone has some they weren't using and we negotiated a swap in order to save resources and rebel (in a tiny,tiny way) about consumption and the idea that we just 'buy,buy, buy'.

Eilleen's Consumption Rebellion
              Just spent the last half hour looking at that site, and BOY! I have some ideas now!
              I have saved it and will return for sure! I will be trying out that dress pattern of her, that is gorgeous! I have a wedding to go to in a few months and have plenty of material here that my Gran so lovingly gave to me, so I can make heaps of stuff! I love the little pillowcase dresses! I'll have to make the girls a few of those too ..... my creative brain is tick tick ticking!!!

Comment

Like my mum, who spotted a bottle of organic milk in my fridge and said, "Uh-oh Sal, you're turning into a greenie..." What the???

Comment

glad you like it Lunar, you can make beautiful stuff if you use your imagination.

Comment

http://www.abc.net.au/science/planetslayer/factoids.htm

Aimed at kids I think, but good info nevertheless!

Comment

Thank you for sharing these great sites. I am off to plant 87 trees and find my sewing machine, i may become a clothie yet.

Comment

Thanks so much for that information JRmumma. There is so much to learn about recycled products.

Comment

Grex 2007

What is GREX?
                          2nd Australian International Green Build & Renewable Energy Exhibition and Conference

Overview - Leading Australian and International brands will have the opportunity to showcase and demonstrate environmental and socially responsible products, sustainable design, eco innovations and appropriate technologies. GREX is timed to align with the World Environment Day celebrations on June 5, 2007

GREX History - GREX has been researched, developed and established by WSB Media Group. The concept and initiative was seeded by the recent inaugural Australian National Green Build & Eco Show, an event owned and presented by the WSB Media Group.

Seminars - GREX will host and present over 30 keynote seminars.

Workshop - Breakout workshops and special interest seminars will continuously run throughout the duration of GREX 07 in meeting rooms adjacent to the main auditorium.

Friday 1 June - Sunday 3 June, 2007 - 10am - 5pm
                          Australian Technology Park, Sydney

Sydneysiders - my due date is the day before this conference begins, so depending on what bub decides to do I will be doing my darndest to be there! My husband will be going as well - so if anyone is interested in meeting up we can organise something closer to the time

Comment

I have just added another site to our sticky list-compliments of Mother Duck.

www.freecycle.org

Thank-you ducky.

Comment

Here is a link so you can see what your region will look like after the sea levels have risen due to the effects of global warming...

Notice that Sydney Airport is under water

Comment

Working...
                              X