Vegans! What is your favorite...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegans! What is your favorite...

What are your favorite everyday vegan friendly things?
    It can be cosmetics, house hold cleaning, food, baby products, a company where you buy clothes, recipe books, homemade things or even a charity.

I'm still fairly new to the world of vegan.
    I'm still learning plenty of things, and going through the notions of changing every day products or looking for homemade ways.
    I'm always on the lookout for vegan friendly alternatives so throw your go-to vegan favorites at me

Cupcakes. I bake vegan cupcakes often and they are delicious!

Comment

This recipe is AMAZING!!!

Chocolate, Coconut Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 cup coconut milk
      3/4 cup sugar
      1/3 cup canola oil
      1 1/2 t. cider vinegar
      1 t. vanilla extract
      1 cup all-purpose flour
      1/3 cup cocoa powder
      3/4 t. baking soda
      1/2 t. baking powder
      1/4 t. salt
      Preparation:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, canola oil, vinegar, and vanilla. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake emerges clean. Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting with dairy-free frosting of choice.

Whipped Chocolate Glaze
      6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (use dairy-free to keep vegan)
      1/2 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream, for non-vegans)

Place chopped chocolate into a mixing bowl. Set aside.

On medium-high heat, bring coconut milk to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the milk from scorching. Pour milk over the chocolate, making sure that the milk covers the chocolate. Allow to sit for several minutes before stirring until smooth. Allow frosting to rest on the counter until it cools down and thickens to a pipe-able consistency (anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes).

Beat the frosting for several minutes until it incorporates air and feels lighter. Place frosting in a pastry bag (or plastic bag with the corner cut out) and pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.

Comment

Fry's stuff. Dh loves the nuggets. I like the chicken style strips for stir fries. It's in the freezer at the supermarket.

There is a site called veggie num num and she has some awesome recepies.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

I am not a vegan, am in love with 2 vegan-friendly skincare products - Yuva's Antioxidant Hydrating Cream and Super Cleanse. It's seriously amazing... I am addicted!

Comment

Originally posted by nudge88 View Post
            This recipe is AMAZING!!!

Chocolate, Coconut Cupcakes

Ingredients:

1 cup coconut milk
            3/4 cup sugar
            1/3 cup canola oil
            1 1/2 t. cider vinegar
            1 t. vanilla extract
            1 cup all-purpose flour
            1/3 cup cocoa powder
            3/4 t. baking soda
            1/2 t. baking powder
            1/4 t. salt
            Preparation:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.

2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, sugar, canola oil, vinegar, and vanilla. In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing until just combined. Pour the batter into the prepared cups, filling each about 2/3 full. Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake emerges clean. Let cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting with dairy-free frosting of choice.

Whipped Chocolate Glaze
            6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped (use dairy-free to keep vegan)
            1/2 cup coconut milk (or heavy cream, for non-vegans)

Place chopped chocolate into a mixing bowl. Set aside.

On medium-high heat, bring coconut milk to a boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the milk from scorching. Pour milk over the chocolate, making sure that the milk covers the chocolate. Allow to sit for several minutes before stirring until smooth. Allow frosting to rest on the counter until it cools down and thickens to a pipe-able consistency (anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes).

Beat the frosting for several minutes until it incorporates air and feels lighter. Place frosting in a pastry bag (or plastic bag with the corner cut out) and pipe frosting onto the cooled cupcakes.
            Yum!!!
            I will be making this one.
            Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thanks for the replies
              Ill be on the look out for these products.

Comment

De Lorenzo shampoo and conditioner are vegan and amazing!
                Aroma baby have beautiful baby products and some of their products are vegan, it states which ones are on their website.
                Good old Nuttelex is a good substitute fpr butter/margerine and you can get it at pretty much any supermarket.
                There's so many products at aldi that sre vegan and they state it on the packet. They have a bread similar to helgas that is vegan and really nice.
                Can't think of anything else off the top of my head but will be back!!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

Also the cruelty free shop is a really good online store for everything vegan!

Comment

I like Wild Morsels. It's an Australia vegan cookbook. I think it's actually sold under a different name these days but it has some yummy recipes and the ingredients are all easy to find.

I agree with pp about Frys too. They are quite nice for the occassional night of processed rubbish.
                    Sanitarium hotdogs are pretty good too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

The frys mushroom pies are fantastic!! Leda brand stuff (usually in coles) is amazing- the rum balls (the macro safeway ones are the same just repackaged) and the choc chip biscuits are unreal!

Can anyone recommend a vegan yogurt that isn't gross? I really don't like the soy ones from the supermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by louloubelle View Post
                        The frys mushroom pies are fantastic!! Leda brand stuff (usually in coles) is amazing- the rum balls (the macro safeway ones are the same just repackaged) and the choc chip biscuits are unreal!

Can anyone recommend a vegan yogurt that isn't gross? I really don't like the soy ones from the supermarket.
                        I've had coconut yoghurt before, This was a few years back so I'm not sure if it was vegan.
                        But a quick google search gave me this
                        http://www.coyo.com.au/
                        It's Australian and vegan.
                        Ill have to see if my local health store sells it.

Comment

If you are into processed vegan food as the occassional treat this place is good: www.lamyong.com.au.. if the link doesn't work just google 'lamyong'. If you have asian supermarkets near where you live they tend to stock a lot of it and similiar.
                          Also for buying online, www.crueltyfreeshop.com.au is good too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Comment

I think I had that coconut milk yoghurt at some markets around here a few months ago. It wasn't too my taste - I think the combo they gave me had chia seeds and something in it too, so it kinda tasted a lot like bircher muesli (which I don't like).

Still, the texture was yoghurty and the taste was akin to plain greek yoghurt (the tart-ness).

Comment

Just saw this on a vegan facebook page, not sure if its the one the other posters are referring to but thought I would share!

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X