Family photographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family photographs

Hey guys! I’m thinking of starting my own photography business, and I was wondering. If you wanted family photos or photos of your kids or newborn, what would you want from a photographer? I know it’s the little things that set you apart, so I want to get that part right.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jodiehoklas; 07-05-2018, 15:21.

I’m not sure exactly what you’re after - but I love options like an entirely digital package. Not everyone can afford thousands of dollars for family photos when your only package options include prints.

I like the options of mini sessions too. So maybe like half an hour/an hour sessions which are also a bit cheaper. Plus you can cap how many images you offer for that price so you’re not wasting ages editing hundreds of photos. Can be good for special occasions (Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Easter, Christmas etc).

Comment

Thanks heaps! All of those are really good ideas, and definitely not things I would have thought about

Comment

Definitely a digital option.
        I also look for a photographer who does natural photos when I want photos done.
        I don't like the pics of newborns I see so much nowadays being posed at all, I think are very unnatural and tacky.

Comment

Natural photos, no photoshop.

Comment

Prices that are actually realistic and not over the top. Having worked in the industry before it was all digital and then during it I know the real costs associated with producing prints and I find it quite disgusting the mark up that photographers do. Yes they need to make a living but the real cost of say a chemical based photo to reproduce is less then 10c per 4x6 print and when you see them resell them for ludicrous prices I find that quite distasteful

Comment

Thanks guys! I plan on being affordable, and I’ll make sure to ask about the posing before I do any. It’s a good point. I like natural photography and posed photography, so I’m not fussed.

Comment

Definately natural. I hate the over - edited fake looking stuff.

Digital and printed package options

Maybe an option to make installment payments/layby?

I second the mini session idea.

Comment

The installment/layby option is an interesting idea. I’m not sure I’d be able to afford to offer that straight away, but it’s a good thing to think about. Thank you.

Comment

Flexibility would be key for me. Coming to my place, able to adapt to my requests...

The other thing is I don’t want the same kind of photos as everyone else. It would be cool if you had the ability to tap into what was unique about my family/Bub and work that into the photographic theme. This way, the photos come across unique and natural, and not forced or arbitrary.

Comment

What made a big difference to me last time we had family photos was some direction from the photographer in how to dress, so we were all in similar tones. Made the photos look so much better, and wasn’t something I had considered beforehand.

Comment

Working...
                      X