Spiders on washing 😱

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spiders on washing 😱

Does anyone have an effective way of keeping spiders away from the washing line and peg baskets?

I brought some laundry in yesterday and to my horror found a decent-sized spider in a pair of DD1's undies when i was putting them away!! I'm thanking my lucky stars I saw it (although instead of dealing with it I screamed, hurled the undies across the room and ran out to get DH - thankfully the spider stayed put and waited patiently).

I don't have any advice as I mostly use the tumble dryer, but I'm sorry to say that I laughed reading your post. Don't ever trap me in a room with a cockroach... I don't care how small it is either, I will die screaming.
    I am not an early bird or a night owl.
    I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Comment

I was stuck outside for 45 mins last night because a big huntsman decided to hang out on the sliding door. So of course I couldn’t go in.

Spiders in clothes are horrific!

I use a dryer too. Now I’m glad I do

Comment

Originally posted by Mod-LIKE A BOSS View Post
        I was stuck outside for 45 mins last night because a big huntsman decided to hang out on the sliding door. So of course I couldn’t go in.

Spiders in clothes are horrific!

I use a dryer too. Now I’m glad I do
        Yeah I got DH to stick the whole load in the dryer even though they were dry, and then nuked them. And I may have googled "can spiders survive high temperatures" while that was happening.

Comment

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] burn it

Burn it all

Comment

When there's no clothes on, I spray the frame of the washing line - especially around the little holes the line threads through- with an outdoor surface spray every however often the pack says. I also never being washing in at night or very early morning (unless desperate) as that seems to be when they emerge. They tend to scarper back into the frame.

Had a couple of doozy Orb spiders in the basket before I worked out to get the washing in before dusk!

Comment

Spiders on washing 😱

I’m arachnophobic and I spray heaps and heaps of surface spray on the line every few days and the eves above. I also spray the peg basket. So far so good *fingers crossed*.

I’d use a blow torch if I could!

Comment

Time to buy a new house

Comment

Originally posted by Stretched View Post
                  When there's no clothes on, I spray the frame of the washing line - especially around the little holes the line threads through- with an outdoor surface spray every however often the pack says. I also never being washing in at night or very early morning (unless desperate) as that seems to be when they emerge. They tend to scarper back into the frame.

Had a couple of doozy Orb spiders in the basket before I worked out to get the washing in before dusk!
                  I think you've got something there with the time of day.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
                    I’m arachnophobic and I spray heaps and heaps of surface spray on the line every few days and the eves above. I also spray the peg basket. So far so good *fingers crossed*.

I’d use a blow torch if I could!
                    I'm a bit wary of surface spray, I'd worry about the kids' clothes coming into contact with it in particular. Do you just use the regular stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Kalina View Post
                      I'm a bit wary of surface spray, I'd worry about the kids' clothes coming into contact with it in particular. Do you just use the regular stuff?
                      Yeah me too. I just hit bugs with my shoe [emoji23] and I leave spiders in the house to eat the other bugs. Love spiders

Comment

Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
                        Yeah me too. I just hit bugs with my shoe [emoji23] and I leave spiders in the house to eat the other bugs. Love spiders
                        Do you get nasty ones up where you are? Canberra is redback heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalina View Post
                          Do you get nasty ones up where you are? Canberra is redback heaven.
                          I haven’t seen any, just little jumping spiders and daddy long legs mainly. We used to gets heaps of red backs in WA, I used to kill those (with my shoe [emoji23]).

Comment

I thought of this thread tonught. Have stayed up late washing walls and windows. There were some cobwebs high up in the corner if my loungeroom. I disturbed a spider and it ran across my bare foot ( while I was standing in a barstool on tippy toes.

Comment

Originally posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
                              I thought of this thread tonught. Have stayed up late washing walls and windows. There were some cobwebs high up in the corner if my loungeroom. I disturbed a spider and it ran across my bare foot ( while I was standing in a barstool on tippy toes.
                              And you didn't fall off?? I really hate myself for being afraid of spiders - I think they're quite cool really, as long as they're nowhere near me or my children - but having one on me....😳

Comment

Working...
                              X