Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New house kitchen/dining

Hey guys

We're building a new house and I'm looking for opinions on our kitchen in particular. I think the corner pantry uses up alot of space and would prefer a straight corner.. any suggestions on how to maximise our space here? No room for a walk in pantry. We do eat dinner at the table every night so don't want to extend too far into that space as it's already small. We won't have a TV in this living area as they'll be in the other lounge.

Ideas welcome! Thank you
    Attached Files
    Last edited by blissfulfairy; 05-10-2020, 08:43.

The corner pantry does take up a lot of room. Also it looks Iike the pantry door will clash with the stove/oven.

I personally dislike having the sink on the breakfast bar area. I hate having the dirty dishes where people might be sitting on the other side. Also I prefer a big open bench to bake on (mixer, bowls, trays etc), but it’s really up to you how you cook.

Comment

Thanks, this is another thing I've been unsure of but not sure where else to put it at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Mod-DJ Nette View Post
        The corner pantry does take up a lot of room. Also it looks Iike the pantry door will clash with the stove/oven.

I personally dislike having the sink on the breakfast bar area. I hate having the dirty dishes where people might be sitting on the other side. Also I prefer a big open bench to bake on (mixer, bowls, trays etc), but it’s really up to you how you cook.
        I’m the same. I hate sinks in the island bench. They looks messy, break up bench space.
        I don’t know how you would rearrange that kitchen though.

Comment

New house kitchen/dining

I think the original layout is ok, it’s a bit old school though. You could put a walk in pantry behind the kitchen, but you’d need to take a bit of space from the room behind.

If you’re not planning on putting a TV in this area would you be open to having it as just a kitchen and dining? You could then do a really big kitchen (using the dining space as well) and have a large dining room (the current living room). That would look amazing.

Adjustments.JPG
          Last edited by babyno1onboard; 05-10-2020, 09:26.

Comment

Or if you still want a living area you could do something like this Adjustments.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by babyno1onboard View Post
              I think the original layout is ok, it’s a bit old school though. You could put a walk in pantry behind the kitchen, but you’d need to take a bit of space from the room behind.

If you’re not planning on putting a TV in this area would you be open to having it as just a kitchen and dining? You could then do a really big kitchen (using the dining space as well) and have a large dining room (the current living room). That would look amazing.

[ATTACH]105070[/ATTACH]
              this is what I'd suggest too.
              or any way to turn kitchen more into a galley style with island bench

Comment

Originally posted by blissfulfairy View Post
                Hey guys

We're building a new house and I'm looking for opinions on our kitchen in particular. I think the corner pantry uses up alot of space and would prefer a straight corner.. any suggestions on how to maximise our space here? No room for a walk in pantry. We do eat dinner at the table every night so don't want to extend too far into that space as it's already small. We won't have a TV in this living area as they'll be in the other lounge.

Ideas welcome! Thank you
                This layout is pretty much exactly the same
                to the house we are buying. If you have your stove top/ under bench oven on that left wall, can you reverse the swing of the corner pantry? Or can you have a flat pantry door but still as a corner pantry? This is a photo of the kitchen in the house we’re buying to show what I mean. The pantry is still a corner pantry. Adjustments.jpg

Comment

Or if you still want a living area you could do something like this [ATTACH]105071[/ATTACH]
                  This is a much better design.

Comment

Or if you still want a living area you could do something like this [ATTACH]105071[/ATTACH]
                    I would do this, even if it means you can only fit a small sitting area for the living space, or just ditch the living area altogether. I would much rather have one lounge room and a good sized kitchen, than 2 lounges and a pokey kitchen. In your current plan, the kitchen seems like an afterthought.

Comment

Or like this and you can still get a butler's pantry in if you want to.20201005_163508.jpeg

Comment

If you don’t want to do major changes which builders love as it costs you more move the pantry to directly next to the fridge. My layout is similar to this. IMG_0683.jpgIMG_0684.jpg

I had a corner pantry and moved it to the left for a double open door. In the corner behind roller door is toaster, bread etc, Utensil pot, soda stream, double door above is microwave and another shelf. There is also a nook/cupboard for cook books and wine

Comment

Yes this is what I was going to suggest!

Comment

Originally posted by atomicmama View Post
                            Or like this and you can still get a butler's pantry in if you want to.[ATTACH]105075[/ATTACH]
                            This is my favourite as it looks like there’s double doors off the kitchen dining then that go outside would be an entertaining heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by atomicmama View Post
                              Or like this and you can still get a butler's pantry in if you want to.[ATTACH]105075[/ATTACH]
                              And so much better to have your laundry off the kitchen than off your dining/lounge from a noise perspective

Comment

Working...
                              X