X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fantastic!!

I thought i was the only one using baby wipes as cleaning products
    (and make up removers!)

so, i've added some baking soda to dh's work clothes, see if that helps with their smellyness
    (ok in summer, they get aired outside, but winter, ohhh! they have to stay inside and stink up my house!)

Any reccomendations on what to add to the mix for a mechanics work clothes?
    I use truck wash at the moment! it cleans better than any other stuff on the market and is amazingly cheaper in a 20L tub, hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by tommo787 View Post
      How fantastic!!

I thought i was the only one using baby wipes as cleaning products
      (and make up removers!)

so, i've added some baking soda to dh's work clothes, see if that helps with their smellyness
      (ok in summer, they get aired outside, but winter, ohhh! they have to stay inside and stink up my house!)

Any reccomendations on what to add to the mix for a mechanics work clothes?
      I use truck wash at the moment! it cleans better than any other stuff on the market and is amazingly cheaper in a 20L tub, hehe.
      Hi I would definately add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to the wash cycle. I use this and sometimes add a few drops of tea tree oil works well and makes the house smell lovely while the washing is on also. If things need a good clean ill also add some baking soda. Grease stains are horrible and hard to get out but at least his clothes will smell nice.

Comment

Originally posted by dondons View Post
        Thanks Aunty
        I have tried it once (with just euc oil) and has definitely made a difference. Its not all off, but will do a few applications and see how it looks. Plus the house smells lovely now!
        So nice to here that it helped

Comment

Hi aunty,

perhaps I have asked this one before, but here it is again:

Do you know how to get rid of those "stinky" bugs, which at the moment attacking my lemon and cumquat trees! I prefer the non-chemical method pls.

Thanking you kindly,

TsMum

Comment

Originally posted by Sodor View Post
            Hi I would definately add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to the wash cycle. I use this and sometimes add a few drops of tea tree oil works well and makes the house smell lovely while the washing is on also. If things need a good clean ill also add some baking soda. Grease stains are horrible and hard to get out but at least his clothes will smell nice.
            When my BIL used to live with us, i used to put a squirt of dishwashing liquid in the wash and it would lift the stains right out. It also works for nappy stains, ink stains, food stains. I am yet to have one stained nappy or article of baby and toddler clothing.

I have my own question though. Our walls are covered in that awful faux swede look paint job. This is even on the splash back for the stove. How can i clean the icky grease spots and also soap scum (cause it is next to our shower too) without destroying the icky paint work. We rent so we cant just paint over it.

Comment

Dear Aunty,

Any ideas on how to get old stickers (kids put there) from windows and their bedroom doors?

the sticky stuff wont come off

Comment

just to butt in aunty soda

eucalutpus oil Morrigan

Comment

I used baby wipes for cleaning too!
                  They're so damned handy!

Anyway Aunty Sodor , I have a couple of questions :

1. We had a leaking shower pipe which wet the walls and carpet on the outside of the bathroom. We have a bookshelf where the wet carpet was and everything on the bottom shelf has taken on mould - how to I get rid of it? It's mostly on books but also on some wicker stuff.

2. The grout/silicone stuff (rubbery grout?) in the shower has black patchy mould that won't come off, I've tried regular shower cleaners, bleach, mould remover, baking soda, vinegar and regular spray cleaners. We're moving out soon and will need to fix it before we leave. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

How do I removed crayon from walls? Baby wipes didn't work...

Comment

• Can you tell me how to got felt pen off carpet?

Comment

• Hi I will be back later to answer the questions that have been left for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowlyGoingInsane View Post
                          Ok please help. I have a pair of DS pants that have mould on them. I left a wet wash cloth on them. Any suggestions??
                          **Bump**

I have a similar prob. DF left some damp stuff on one of DD's dresses, and now it has mould all over the bodice bit at the front. Please help!

Comment

• Originally posted by OneNowOneLater View Post
                            **Bump**

I have a similar prob. DF left some damp stuff on one of DD's dresses, and now it has mould all over the bodice bit at the front. Please help!
                            Hi there

firstly take the clothes outside and brush them down with a brush to get the spores out.

You can try soaking in a colour safe bleach and afterwards wash in a detergent wash.

The other option that I would choose would be to wash in a hot wash using 3/4 of a cup of vinegar along with a little bit of lemon juice. You may have to repeat the washes to get the result you need.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

Comment

• dear aunty sodar,

help. My pantry has been overtaken by what i think is the indian meal moth. i have thrown out countless of things that have gone "stringy" but more moths and larvae seem to be coming and making cocoons on my ceilings!! its driving me nuts, i dont know what to do, i put bayleaves everywhere and keep trying to find the source and throwing things out but i dont know what to do anymore. should i just throw everything out!!!?? what a loss.!!!
                              also any idea how to clean their cocoons off the ceiling?

Comment

• Help Jax!

Yesterday, I pulled a load of washing out of the machine and there were brown greasy stains on a couple of my girls clothes. It has to be from the machine - I spot treat stains before I wash, so know they weren't there beforehand.

So 2 questions

1. What can I do to make sure it doesn't happen again - is a new washing machine on the cards?

and

2. Any tips on getting rid of the stains. I tried rubbing baby powder into them to soak up the oil, and I used a sard wonderstick and rewashed, but no luck. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
                                X