X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one.

Stinky sheets.

I have a nearly new set of cotton sheets that have picked up my DH's BO. They reek!

I've tried, bleach, vinegar, sunshine, lavender oil and a hot wash.

They STILL reek.

I'm peeved as they are new, high quality sheets and I can't stand to use them as they smell awful!

Comment

Originally posted by Nex View Post
      Here's one.

Stinky sheets.

I have a nearly new set of cotton sheets that have picked up my DH's BO. They reek!

I've tried, bleach, vinegar, sunshine, lavender oil and a hot wash.

They STILL reek.

I'm peeved as they are new, high quality sheets and I can't stand to use them as they smell awful!
      Hi there, try this

1/2 cup baking soda and 1 cup of white vinegar, In a normal wash cycle. Once washed leave them on the line in sunlight for two days.

The baking soda should remove the odour and the vinegar will disenfect. I know that you had used vinegar but did you add baking soda when you did it? Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by Sodor View Post
        Hi there have you tried spraying with Eco oil or hot soapy water?

From what I can find the best way is to hunt them down and destroy them and any eggs that you can find. Keep your garden as weed free as possible.

I also found this info for you

# Sanitation: Control weeds in susceptible crops and in areas adjacent to gardens to decrease breeding and over-wintering habitat. It is important to remove weeds early in the growing season before stink bug populations increase or the loss of habitat may force pests to move into the garden.
        # Collect insects: Hand pick and destroy eggs and bugs.
        # Use Natural Controls: Encourage other natural predators such as parasitic wasps and flies by growing small-flowered plants. The unpleasant odor produced by stink bugs deters many predators but several bird species do consume these pests.
        Thanks Aunty! I will give a try some of those tips, except the hand pick bit, they are so disgusting and smelly

Thanks once again *me reckons you should have a small show on SBS, since the Vasili garden man has gone awol lol*

Comment

Originally posted by ~vrede~ View Post
          Thanks Aunty! I will give a try some of those tips, except the hand pick bit, they are so disgusting and smelly

Thanks once again *me reckons you should have a small show on SBS, since the Vasili garden man has gone awol lol*
          Lol yes maybe I could. I will wait for them to approach me first.

Comment

I have a question!! I mixed up some baking soda and vinegar in a trigger bottle the other day, and once I'd gotten the hang of not having it explode all over the bench, I went to clean stuff but the baking soda got stuck in the trigger and it wouldn't work! Is there some sort of trick to it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mamalicious View Post
              I have a question!! I mixed up some baking soda and vinegar in a trigger bottle the other day, and once I'd gotten the hang of not having it explode all over the bench, I went to clean stuff but the baking soda got stuck in the trigger and it wouldn't work! Is there some sort of trick to it?
              Im not quite sure. I have had the explosion happen to me also. I basically just use a bucket now, I havent tried it in a trigger bottle. I would try and rinse the trigger with vinegar and let it dry and then try again. Let me know what you find that works

Comment

Hi Aunty

Domestic goddess of bubhub

My DD (A future Picasso) has decided paper is just not sufficient as a drawing medium and has used both lead pencil and biro on our wall (painted).
                Any suggestions?

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by dondons View Post
                  Hi Aunty

Domestic goddess of bubhub

My DD (A future Picasso) has decided paper is just not sufficient as a drawing medium and has used both lead pencil and biro on our wall (painted).
                  Any suggestions?

TIA
                  Buy the Chux magic erasers they will take anything off, I swear by these

Comment

Aunty Sodor!!! Help!

I don't suppose you know of a nice non-poisonous way to deter moths from our pantry? I've chucked out rice and flour a few too many times for my liking and they are driving me absolutely batty.

Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bron View Post
                      Aunty Sodor!!! Help!

I don't suppose you know of a nice non-poisonous way to deter moths from our pantry? I've chucked out rice and flour a few too many times for my liking and they are driving me absolutely batty.

Thank you!!
                      I found this for you Bron, I hope it works theres nothing worse than bugs in the cupboards

Brush and dust dark cupboards regularly and then sprinkle with a few drops of cedarwood oil, a natural deterrant. Alternatively, hang up bags containing a mixture of lavendar and pennywort.

Comment

This is a great idea!

Ok I am coming across some odd problems as a newbie here in Australia!

Mould I noticed last year as the colder months came , mould grew up wooden furniture and on things like cane baskets. Is there any way to prevent it? Clean it?

It gets quite damp in the houses here in Newcastle in winter.

Comment

Hi Aunty Sodor,

I have a problem and hope you can help.
                          Do you know how I can rid of playdough that has been grounded into the carpet?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Roseythorn View Post
                            Hi Aunty Sodor,

I have a problem and hope you can help.
                            Do you know how I can rid of playdough that has been grounded into the carpet?

Thanks
                            Hi there dont you just love the playdough in the carpet I have the same problem the playroom carpet is filled with the stuff. I have removed what I could by scraping it with a eftpos card ( using it as a scraper) That took alot off and in the next two weeks I will be getting the carpets steam cleaned and Im hoping that will remove the stains. Goodluck and let me know how you get on.

Comment

Originally posted by millymoo View Post
                              This is a great idea!

Ok I am coming across some odd problems as a newbie here in Australia!

Mould I noticed last year as the colder months came , mould grew up wooden furniture and on things like cane baskets. Is there any way to prevent it? Clean it?

It gets quite damp in the houses here in Newcastle in winter.
                              Hi Milly

I lived in NZ all my life and I know how frustrating mould can be in the cooler climates. One thing I always found was to make sure there is air circulating in your house all the time. If condensation bulids up thats when the trouble starts. If you have heaters etc going try and keep a window slightly open. I have found some handy hints on mould.

Cleaning, disinfecting and drying surfaces prevents mold growth. Mold will grow on damp surfaces within a couple days at normal temperatures.

Reduce moisture levels in the bathroom by running an exhaust fan during and after showers.

Fix plumbing leaks and seepage to prevent the buildup of moisture and prevent the growth of molds.

Store clothing dry and clean to prevent the growth of mold on clothes.

Reduce humidity levels by discontinuing use of a humidifier if the relative humidity is more than 40 percent, and use dehumidifiers and air conditioners when levels of humidity are high. Also, ventilate with outside air during the winter when outside temperatures are colder than indoor temperatures. Ventilating with warm summer air typically increases the air's relative humidity in a basement.

Increase the flow of air within your home. Moving furniture away from walls and opening closet doors to permit air circulation limits the growth of molds.

Prevent condensation. Insulating walls and installing storm or thermal pane windows keeps walls warm and limits condensation.

Comment

Thanks Auntie Sodor! Fantastic advise.

There is so much heating in UK houses that dampness isn`t a problem. Dryning washing here without a dryer is also in winter but I am trying to be green and not buy one.

I did hear somewhere you can buy something in the supermarket that you can put in a room and it attracts the mould and stops it growing elsewhere.Someone could have been teasing me though

Comment

Working...
                                X