Show me your sewing! #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your sewing! #3

Not the most compliant model because she kept wanting to pull her clothes out of the drawers [emoji23]

IMG_1408.jpgIMG_1417.jpg

Well done and super cute

Comment

Subbing

Comment

Sub

Comment

IMG_0812.jpg
          I reeeeeaaaallllly wish I had bought more of this fabric! Got it last year I think, on sale at Spotlight for a ridiculous price of $4 a metre. An absolute steal. Made the dress for DD that I posted, this top for my niece and there’s just enough left to maybe make a bucket hat (for me maybe?!)

Comment

CC8C6C02-5790-4050-AC85-22DB6E0B60A7.jpg
            Four new fabrics that I bought yesterday. All Cloud 9 fabrics. Top left is for a dress for one of DD’s friends. The remainder I hope to make myself tops. Going to buy the P4P (Patterns for Pirates) Brunch Blouse and do a test on an op shop sheet first to see if the style suits me.
            I just love Cloud 9 fabrics!

Comment

Subscribing
              I am not an early bird or a night owl.
              I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Comment

Anyone got a good pattern for a rah rah skirt (tiered skirt) for a 5 year old?

Comment

Hi ladies,

I’d love to be able to sew. I’m a total beginner though. I’m planning to teach myself from online videos.

Can anyone recommend me a machine? Preferably one that’s not too expensive (incase I hate it).

What other essentials do i need to get started?

Comment

Christmas dress for miss 4 1/220181111_222438.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by wobblermummy View Post
                      Christmas dress for miss 4 1/2]
                      Looks good. I have been sucked into buying ‘cats wearing Christmas hats’ fabric for miss 5, goodness knows what it will end up like.

Comment

Was planning on tshirt dress type thing but tea party pattern was out so went with top of that and had to alter skirt. Hope shes happy. Will be comfy

Comment

Show me your sewing! #3

Originally posted by Mashie View Post
                          Hi ladies,

I’d love to be able to sew. I’m a total beginner though. I’m planning to teach myself from online videos.

Can anyone recommend me a machine? Preferably one that’s not too expensive (incase I hate it).

What other essentials do i need to get started?
                          The machine I had when I was getting back into it was the Elna EL2000. It’s a good basic machine that has the main stitches you need as well as a buttonhole function. Not very expensive, either. Maybe even look for a second hand one (check Gumtree) as it’ll cost very little. If you decide you like it you could go and upgrade, then again if you hate it you haven’t spent too much money. A lot of the second hand ones are practically new due to people buying one then realising it’s not the hobby for them. Or they love it and are upgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                            The machine I had when I was getting back into it was the Elna EL2000. It’s a good basic machine that has the main stitches you need as well as a buttonhole function. Not very expensive, either. Maybe even look for a second hand one (check Gumtree) as it’ll cost very little. If you decide you like it you could go and upgrade, then again if you hate it you haven’t spent too much money. A lot of the second hand ones are practically new due to people buying one then realising it’s not the hobby for them. Or they love it and are upgrading.
                            Thank you!! Will look to see if they have online videos on the machine so I can teach myself how to use it x

Comment

IMG_0886.jpgIMG_0884.jpg
                              A beautiful summery dress for DD (fabric was on sale of course, got it months ago). And I have mastered the invisible zip!!! Looks amazing if I do say so myself [emoji16] (the zip that is). I’ll never do a regular zip again, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X