Show me your sewing! #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mamasupial View Post
    That's so sweet wobbler! How did you go with the binding? That would be my least fave part.
    Think i pinned and sewed first then overlocked and went on fine. Only the ebd at the neck that comes out a bit messy so hand stitched a tiny bit back so looks neat from the outside

Comment

• I sae this dress in danger field and was smitten with the fabric, but they only had it left in size 6 and 8. So went online and got it on clearance in a size 22. Now to do some work on it to turn it into a 16.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Sewing isn't even pulling me out of this funk. Maybe post partum anxiety will be hitting hard with this one. IMG_20210405_071458_381.jpg

Comment

• it’s been a minute since anyone posted here so i’m cautiously resurrecting. i’ve been overcome with an urge to do the wool blanket to duffle coat project. did anyone here successfully attempt this? i’ve found a nice pattern from twig and tale i’m considering buying. i don’t have any appropriate fabric and that might be hard to source during a lockdown. but i like the idea of challenging myself slightly. it’s been ages since i did any sewing whatsoever.

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
            it’s been a minute since anyone posted here so i’m cautiously resurrecting. i’ve been overcome with an urge to do the wool blanket to duffle coat project. did anyone here successfully attempt this? i’ve found a nice pattern from twig and tale i’m considering buying. i don’t have any appropriate fabric and that might be hard to source during a lockdown. but i like the idea of challenging myself slightly. it’s been ages since i did any sewing whatsoever.
            I'm on the twig and tale fb page. Those jackets look amazingly warm!
            I'm moving on to thinking of spring and summer sewing. I'm so slow, if I don't start now, I won't be finished before winter rolls around again!

Comment

it’s been a minute since anyone posted here so i’m cautiously resurrecting. i’ve been overcome with an urge to do the wool blanket to duffle coat project. did anyone here successfully attempt this? i’ve found a nice pattern from twig and tale i’m considering buying. i don’t have any appropriate fabric and that might be hard to source during a lockdown. but i like the idea of challenging myself slightly. it’s been ages since i did any sewing whatsoever.
              Not out of a wool blanket but I made a tadah duffle out of soft shell a few years ago and I’ve seen heaps made from the wool blankets. I have used a twig and tale pattern for something else and the pattern was easy to follow from memory.

Comment

• thanks ladies! so where do i get one of those nice vintage blankets from? especially in lockdown? 🥴

Comment

• I think marketplace right now, op shops when lockdown lifts

Comment

Ohhh they look great. OP shops, market place, Facebook destash groups.. might be hard and they tend to be expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamasupial View Post
                      Ohhh they look great. OP shops, market place, Facebook destash groups.. might be hard and they tend to be expensive.
                      ohhhhh! i was worried about that. oh well. i’ll keep an eye out and if i manage to get something that fits the bill then i’ll give it a go.

the other thing i was thinking to make it with is corduroy? that’s nice and soft and cozy.

Comment

Working...
                      X