Show me your sewing! #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    currently nothing. haven’t had the energy or headspace for much tbh. or if i have, i’m too tired come evening to want to sit down and start anything.

how about you?
    That's understandable hon. xx

Not much here either. My upcoming project will be christmas pyjamas for the kids... Just trying to decide on a fabric. I know I want it to be knit, just haven't found anything that isn't overkill but still has enough whimsy.
    I am not an early bird or a night owl.
    I am some form of permanently exhausted pigeon.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissTwiggley View Post
      That's understandable hon. xx

Not much here either. My upcoming project will be christmas pyjamas for the kids... Just trying to decide on a fabric. I know I want it to be knit, just haven't found anything that isn't overkill but still has enough whimsy.
      hard to find exactly what you’re after sometimes isn’t it! i find spotlight can be quite predictable tbh, esp with festive themes. i made christmas stockings for the kids last year and couldn’t find anything sort of holidays/festive without being obviously christmas, reindeer, santa, holly etc. i wanted festive but not mainstream christmas. i feel your pain.

i made the kids’ bell bottoms a few weeks ago and that’s been the extent of my iso sewing. you’d think there’d be more opportunity for it being stuck at home, but we have less time and energy for most things.

i’ll get my sewjo back, i just need time and space.

Comment

• Originally posted by MLadyEm View Post
        I want it all

[ATTACH]104884[/ATTACH]
        She has scrap packs available at the moment, I'm always tempted to buy them!
        Nerida Hansen fabrics are lovely.
        For clothes for me, I usually get 3m. Maybe 2m for the actual garment, the extra metre for when I invariably mess up and have to recut a piece.
        For the kids, 3m It it's for both, 1.5 if only for 1 kid.
        I made the mistake of buying a whole bunch of 1m lengths with me in mind- there are not many things you can make for 1m in my size!

Comment

• Originally posted by SJ565 View Post
          She has scrap packs available at the moment, I'm always tempted to buy them!
          Nerida Hansen fabrics are lovely.
          For clothes for me, I usually get 3m. Maybe 2m for the actual garment, the extra metre for when I invariably mess up and have to recut a piece.
          For the kids, 3m It it's for both, 1.5 if only for 1 kid.
          I made the mistake of buying a whole bunch of 1m lengths with me in mind- there are not many things you can make for 1m in my size!
          Yeah there’s a May Gibbs pack where you get 2m of fabric in 4x different prints and a mix of cotton sateen and cotton linen, but I don’t think half a metre is enough. I know DD would love a gumnut babies dress/top and I really want to make a little dress/romper for my friend who is due soon and loves the May Gibbs themed stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by MLadyEm View Post
            I want it all

[ATTACH]104884[/ATTACH]
            I don’t sew but this fabric makes me want to start. It’s gorgeous [emoji7]

Comment

hard to find exactly what you’re after sometimes isn’t it! i find spotlight can be quite predictable tbh, esp with festive themes. i made christmas stockings for the kids last year and couldn’t find anything sort of holidays/festive without being obviously christmas, reindeer, santa, holly etc. i wanted festive but not mainstream christmas. i feel your pain.

i made the kids’ bell bottoms a few weeks ago and that’s been the extent of my iso sewing. you’d think there’d be more opportunity for it being stuck at home, but we have less time and energy for most things.

i’ll get my sewjo back, i just need time and space.
              I found the perfect fabric for you. Screenshot_20201001-082118_Facebook.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamasupial View Post
                I found the perfect fabric for you. [ATTACH]105046[/ATTACH]
                omg i love you!! where are these from??

side note: has anyone received their dizzy daisy pre order fabric from august? i ordered some retro fabric on the 26th august, haven’t heard a peep since. when can i expect my fabric?

Comment

omg i love you!! where are these from??

side note: has anyone received their dizzy daisy pre order fabric from august? i ordered some retro fabric on the 26th august, haven’t heard a peep since. when can i expect my fabric?
                  This is missy rose.

Also... as per dizzy
                  It is on their preorder page. August is currently printing

Comment

• Such a long time since I shares some sewing. I really haven't been doing much. I've not felt well and it's so damn hot at that end of the house. 20201205_181403.jpg20201125_102542.jpg20201117_155458.jpg20201110_122311.jpg20201108_144617.jpg20201108_075640.jpg

Comment

• Finished this today20201205_204955.jpg628836845.jpg

Comment

• Oh nice! Is it twig and tale?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamasupial View Post
                          Oh nice! Is it twig and tale?
                          Yep
                          Is your romper Brindle and Twig?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJ565 View Post
                            Yep
                            Is your romper Brindle and Twig?
                            None of mine are. I've used MBJM, Lowland Kids, peekaboo..

Comment

• Quick morning sew. 20201213_103458.jpg

Comment

• Gifts for nursing colleagues20201213_000614.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X