Show me your sewing! #3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20191127_093606.jpg

Finally worked out how to reduce a photo on my new phone so it will upload! Here are the santa sacks with fabrics my kids chose - my 2 puppy crazy kiddos!

Comment

• 59661064369__8D997F8C-14A3-4BFF-B64C-AB39E449E72F.jpg

worked out the lettering. pretty happy [emoji1362]

Comment

• Love the fabrics. Can't let DD see that or she'll want me to make new stockings for the dogs!

Comment

• Show me your sewing! #3

IMG_2092.jpg
          Dolls for a friend’s daughters. Can’t post on Facebook yet because said friend is on there obviously but had to share! Pattern by Gingermelon on Etsy ❤️
          They’re SO much better than the first one I made for DD. So now I’m going to have to make DD another one so that she has a ‘good’ one. Then I’d like to make one each for my three nieces.
          Edit: the hair colours were the choice of my friend’s 10yo daughter. She chose orange for herself and green for her 18 month old sister. I’m a bit nervous about the 18 month old getting the doll, but I tried to make it extra strong to hopefully withstand a bit of love from a toddler.
          Last edited by Hollywood; 29-12-2019, 09:04.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
            [ATTACH]102883[/ATTACH]
            Dolls for a friend’s daughters. Can’t post on Facebook yet because said friend is on there obviously but had to share! Pattern by Gingermelon on Etsy ❤️
            They’re SO much better than the first one I made for DD. So now I’m going to have to make DD another one so that she has a ‘good’ one. Then I’d like to make one each for my three nieces.
            Edit: the hair colours were the choice of my friend’s 10yo daughter. She chose orange for herself and green for her 18 month old sister. I’m a bit nervous about the 18 month old getting the doll, but I tried to make it extra strong to hopefully withstand a bit of love from a toddler.
            These are amazing! Love them.

Comment

• I'm following along. I'm about to start sewing a super basic blanket for my 12 week old daughter I've never sewen anything in my life so wish me luck ladies x

Comment

• I'm sure it will be great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamasupial View Post
                  I'm sure it will be great!
                  Thank you I had everything measured, cut and tacked and ready to start to sew it together and I realised the sewing machine I had borrowed didn't have the peddle or the power cord. So I'm going to have to wait until next week to finish them I was so disappointed x

Comment

• I've finally finished the two blankets and two burp cloths for my 3 month old daughter. They are far from perfect but I'm happy with them.

On a side note - how do you ladies sew straight? It is so difficult [emoji23] x20200105_102804.jpg20200105_102714.jpg20200105_102653.jpg20200105_102626.jpg

Comment

• They look lovely!

Comment

• I made these yesterday/last night for the kids first day of childcare on Monday. They are in the zebra and hippos classes. 20200105_083145.jpg20200105_083154.jpg20200104_174410.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mamasupial View Post
                          I made these yesterday/last night for the kids first day of childcare on Monday. They are in the zebra and hippos classes. [ATTACH]102951[/ATTACH][ATTACH]102952[/ATTACH][ATTACH]102953[/ATTACH]
                          I love the print on the onsie and the dress is super cute x

Comment

• Both for my mums friends granddaughter 20200104_230443.jpg20191229_224332.jpg

Comment

• [QUOTE=PoohBear2910;8935172]

On a side note - how do you ladies sew straight? It is so difficult [emoji23] QUOTE]

Make sure you cut on the grain. Cut straight and neat. Then when sewing use the guides next to the foot. Most patterns use a 1.5cm seam allowance.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Mod-DJ Nette;8935218]
                                Originally posted by PoohBear2910 View Post

On a side note - how do you ladies sew straight? It is so difficult [emoji23] QUOTE]

Make sure you cut on the grain. Cut straight and neat. Then when sewing use the guides next to the foot. Most patterns use a 1.5cm seam allowance.
                                Thank you this is all so new to me [emoji28] x

Comment

Working...
                                X