X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJ565
    replied
    Exactly! Or I'm in the way.
    The sewing table is my great hope at being able to do a bit here and there. We'll see! [emoji23]

Leave a comment:

• turquoisecoast
    replied
    i’m the same. currently use dining table but that requires set up and break down which takes time. i want something i can permanently leave set up and put of the way of a very curious turdler [emoji23] something that if i have 15 mins i can just sit down and zip away. with the current system, by the time i’ve set myself up, someone’s awake or someone needs a drink/snack/bum wiped and my time just evaporates.

Leave a comment:

• SJ565
    replied
    Yep, it's a Horn table. I grabbed it quick smart when it came up!
    Sometimes there's just crap being given away (would anyone like this old dress with a broken zipper? Chair with a broken leg? Kmart baby singlets with poo stains?), but other times there's some absolute diamonds.
    I wanted something I could use without having to take over an area (currently the kitchen table) and was easy to set up and pack away (so sewing doesn't become something I need hours on end for)

Leave a comment:

• turquoisecoast
    replied
    omg i’m so jealous! that looks amazing. is it a horn sewing table?

ahhhh ftagh, we have a buy nothing group. i’ve scored quite a bit of free lego off it for ds but never anything as good as a sewing table!!

Leave a comment:

• SJ565
    replied
    Free to a good home. Local Mums FB page, it's the giveaway offshoot.
    The one I got looks a bit like attached (not so new or fancy though).
    Fabric is just in clear plastic boxes in the spare room, along with everything else we don't know where to put. Going to have to clear it out soon for DS to move into. Screenshot_20191119-094025_Samsung%20Internet.jpg

Leave a comment:

• turquoisecoast
    replied
    what’s ftagh?! post a pic of it. dh and i have started talking about doing something to the study so it’s more customized for our needs. keen to see what setups work for others

Leave a comment:

• SJ565
    replied
    Originally posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    anyone care to post pics of their sewing set up? i’ve decided i need a permanent sewing area. setting up and breaking down is too time consuming and i want a dedicated space i can create in. need some inspiration though.
    I picked up a sewing table from the local FTAGH site with the intention of setting up a sewing area.
    It's still in the garage though [emoji51]

Leave a comment:

• Mamasupial
    replied
    Lol mine is a huge mess

Leave a comment:

• turquoisecoast
    replied
    anyone care to post pics of their sewing set up? i’ve decided i need a permanent sewing area. setting up and breaking down is too time consuming and i want a dedicated space i can create in. need some inspiration though.

Leave a comment:

• turquoisecoast
    replied
    IMG_9214.jpg

need an iron but these are sewing themselves [emoji23]

Leave a comment:

• turquoisecoast
    replied
    just saw kmart does iron on letters so that might be the easiest and most cost effective option.

Leave a comment:

• Stretched
    replied
    how do people personalize fabric? i mean, like how do you machine embroider a name into fabric? can a normal sewing machine do it or do you need a specific machine?

like this i mean:[ATTACH]102283[/ATTACH]
    That's probably done with an embroidery machine. My machine does letters, but only within the size of a stitch. So only suitable for labelling clothes etc.

Other options for names like that would be to hand embroider, applique, satin stitch (hard on sharp curves), fabric paint or iron on letters (you can buy these or you could probably order custom laser cut ones online). You may even be able to order iron on embroidered custom letters/names.

Leave a comment:

• turquoisecoast
    replied
    Show me your sewing! #3

how do people personalize fabric? i mean, like how do you machine embroider a name into fabric? can a normal sewing machine do it or do you need a specific machine?

like this i mean:IMG_9211.jpg

Leave a comment:

• turquoisecoast
    replied
    IMG_9164.jpg

that’s dd’s one.

just going to sew that pom pom stuff on then i’m done!

Leave a comment:

• SJ565
    replied
    thanks! he hated it of course, told me he hates the cuff fabric and tried ripping it off. oh well, you got 6 weeks to get used to it buddy 🤣
    Bloody 3y olds!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X