DIY wall prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY wall prints

Doing up the kids bedrooms for Christmas. I have just about everything organised (buying is a different story) but I would love to make some framed or canvas pics to put on the walls. Problem is, I have no artistic talent or drawing skills at all. None. So, what are some easy and foolproof but really cool looking artworks I can do that they will love and I can be semi proud of?
    Last edited by Ahalfdozen; 17-08-2018, 21:16.

https://lilylovesluka.com/

https://www.violeteyes.com.au/

I love the prints on these sights. You could draw something like these as they are simple yet beautiful. Mainly girls though. They are on Instagram. I’m going to get one for DD in a few months when she moves into the nursery from our room

Comment

Not sure if thins is along the lines you’re thinking but a friend framed calendar pics once and they looked good. Cheap, easy option [emoji4]

Ps I’m not artistic either!

Comment

What theme are you going for ?
        I have a gorgeous Owl Calendar that I’m happy to send you the past months pictures .. can take photos tomorrow for you to see if you like. Just PM me

Comment

I know someone who cut out a heap of butterflies and glued them on a canvas to form a picture.

Sort of like this, except she handpainted her butterflies first.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwZMhOGnrbk

Comment

Oh I love the butterflies. And the prints on that LilylovesLuka are just Devine.

The calendar is also a great idea, especially for the boys. I never thought of that before. Thank you.

Thank you [MENTION=117645]granny1[/MENTION] would love to see if you don’t mind

Comment

Will take some photos this afternoon. I’ve got a hot date at the park with a gorgeous 4 yr old this morning !!!!

Comment

What themes are you going, or what do they like?

Comment

Originally posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
                  Oh I love the butterflies. And the prints on that LilylovesLuka are just Devine.

The calendar is also a great idea, especially for the boys. I never thought of that before. Thank you.

Thank you [MENTION=117645]granny1[/MENTION] would love to see if you don’t mind
                  If you like the butterfly idea, you can buy precut ones on eBay for a few dollars. DD had a butterfly birthday and I got some and put them on the wall in a 3 shape and it looked really cool. I was going to turn them into a cascading mobile hanging thing I'd seen, but never got around to it. I might have to buy a canvass as never thought of dong that and it looks cool!

Comment

Heres a few ideas you could do with whatever theme you like...

Screenshot_20180818-095139_Pinterest.jpgScreenshot_20180818-095335_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20180818-095405_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20180818-095431_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20180818-095510_Chrome.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
                      What themes are you going, or what do they like?
                      There are an 8yo, 6yo and 4yo boy, a 5yo girl and baby b/g twins so a whole mix of stuff. Would prefer to keep away from licenced stuff but basically anything fun and colourful

Comment

Thanks ladies. There’s heaps here to look at. Might have to just pick up a whole stack of canvases and go nuts with it

Comment

Pinterest will also be your friend

Comment

This lady does a lot of crafty stuff on the cheap, including makeovers of her kids rooms. You may get some ideas:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Organiz...?query=bedroom

Comment

I managed to get some posters from the book fair thing at school, 1 for each kid. So I’ll give them one of those each plus one I make myself for them each.

Mr8 loves geology so I got some gemstone molds to make little gems and I will make a 3D wire diamond and put them all on a canvas and paint it with something. Not sure yet.

Mr6 I’m going to mask out a shape of Batman and roughly spray paint it yellow and grey so it’s a bit grungy looking.

Miss5 I have ordered a stack of 3D butterflies and will arrange them in a heart shape.

Not sure yet for Mr4. Something with vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X