Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is a young mum not so young anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When is a young mum not so young anymore?

When do you think a young mum is no longer that???

Just curious what everyone's opinions are on this.
    I am 25 this wednesday (YIKES! half way to 50!! ) and was wondering, am I still considered as a 'young mum'???

So what do you consider to be the 'young mum' cut off age?
    <25
    55.00%
    25> please specify.
    45.00%

i think when your 30 you arent reallly a young mum anymore or when you find you dont have a thing in common with any young mums coz you remember the orginal 80's bands and clothes where as they think the covers ARE the orginals
    but no i dont think your old

Comment

Originally posted by jessgray View Post
      i think when your 30 you arent reallly a young mum anymore or when you find you dont have a thing in common with any young mums coz you remember the orginal 80's bands and clothes where as they think the covers ARE the orginals
      Funny you say that. I have a little group of young mums I chat to and they seem so young to me, maybe I'm aging fast... god I hope not..... but they all seem 16 to me, I really have nothing in common with them other than we are all mothers, they just seem immature to me.
      Maybe I am getting old before my time .

Comment

i find i have more in common with mums from age 21 up i dont know why i'm 20 and its always been this way since i was preg with ds1

Comment

Originally posted by jessgray View Post
          I agree with you Jess-over 30 you're not considered a young mum anymore (means Im old )

Alli

Ps And just thought Id say that NKOTB and Bros ROCKED!!!!!!! heehee

Comment

I think of young mums as those under 25 because that was the cut-off point for funding at the youth agency I used to work at.
            Soooo Lunar....welcome to the old bag's club! Grab your zimmerframe and false teeth and I'll meet ya at lawn bowls

Comment

Originally posted by Guv'nor View Post
              I think of young mums as those under 25 because that was the cut-off point for funding at the youth agency I used to work at.
              Soooo Lunar....welcome to the old bag's club! Grab your zimmerframe and false teeth and I'll meet ya at lawn bowls
              PMSL!!!
              I'll join you on Wednesday.

Comment

I think 24 and over is not young anymore because my parents were married and had started their family by then

Comment

bros? who are they i know the other band lol

Comment

When you are over 25 when you have kids, i dont think you are classed as a "young mum" coz thats more the 'norm' these days.

Anything below 20 is super young, and 20-25 is still considered young IMO

But if you are asking what you are now seeing as you already have your bubbas and are reaching 25.........
                    hmmmm i dunno...... IMO you would have been a young mum having them, but now i dont think you would be classed as one to general passer byers... (sorry)

Hey if it makes you feel better, everyone will be a not soo young mum one day... and to make it worse, then you become a not so young grandma

Comment

I think once you're over 25 you're not a young mum anymore.... but agree that it depends on your maturity level too.... A couple of mums in my June 06 group on here are aroung 22 yo, and I don't even notice! (I'm 30 this year) We're all on the same level which is great. So I reckon I'm still young!

Comment

I believe government health services, well my local one anyway... classify a young mum as 25 and under... so you would still be an official young mum for another year yet.

Comment

i never considered myself a young mum, i was 22 when i had dd1, but most of my friends were in their teens, so i was considered old

Comment

Originally posted by Guv'nor View Post
                            HAHA Too funny.

Can i meet you guys there in April? I still have a few more months of being young

Comment

Anyone under 38 is a young mum...

Nah, just kidding. There are a couple of hubbers I think of as being young mums and they are under 20.

The rest just sort of melt into one big pot for me. I don't take much notice of how old people actually are anyway. Its only if they are really obviously young that I think of it.

You're all heaps younger than me anyway, so I don't break it into categories.

But Lunar, I have never thought of you as being a "young mum". You would have been with Em, but I didn't know you then. You weren't a young mum with Kailah.

Just another old bat really, but at least you're not as old as me.

Comment

Working...
                              X