Things to do in Adelaide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in Adelaide

Thought I’d ask here as well as googling lol. We are thinking of driving to Adelaide in January (DF has something booked but trying to decide if it’s worth all of us going or not really) obviously this will be pending covid and borders etc.

What things are there to do in the Adelaide area with kids? DS will be nearly 8. Any places you’d recommend or places to steer clear of?

Thanks!

Things to do in Adelaide

Adelaide Zoo/Monarto Zoo
    I love going up in the Hills to Hahndorf, but I’m not sure your DS would be as excited [emoji38]
    Glenelg beach - can catch a tram down from the city (depending on where you’re staying).

This is the list my 9yo cousin complied when we were supposed to be going down in June..

Bounce
    The tree climb
    Ice skating
    Morialta Conservation Park
    Museum
    Art Gallery
    Monarto Zoo
    Queen Elizabeth Park
    Last edited by MLadyEm; 15-10-2021, 08:29.

Comment

Haigh's chocolate factory tour?

Comment

Originally posted by MLadyEm View Post
        Adelaide Zoo/Monarto Zoo
        I love going up in the Hills to Hahndorf, but I’m not sure your DS would be as excited [emoji38]
        Glenelg beach - can catch a tram down from the city (depending on where you’re staying).

This is the list my 9yo cousin complied when we were supposed to be going down in June..

Bounce
        The tree climb
        Ice skating
        Morialta Conservation Park
        Museum
        Art Gallery
        Monarto Zoo
        Queen Elizabeth Park
        Thanks so much! These sound great I’ll have a look! I did see the tree climb when I googled [emoji23] DS is terrified of heights so he would hate me hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post
          Haigh's chocolate factory tour?
          Ohhh this sounds fun! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hasselhoff View Post
            Ohhh this sounds fun! Thanks!
            It’s not a massive tour in that you walk about maybe 50m [emoji38], but you get to see the factory and you get to eat chocolate.

Fun fact: their speckles (similar to freckles) are the most popular product they sell. A few years back they sold out of them so they halted production on everything else and just made speckles.

Comment

Originally posted by MLadyEm View Post
              It’s not a massive tour in that you walk about maybe 50m [emoji38], but you get to see the factory and you get to eat chocolate.

Fun fact: their speckles (similar to freckles) are the most popular product they sell. A few years back they sold out of them so they halted production on everything else and just made speckles.
              There is now a Haighs shop at Marion near David Jones to.

Comment

Tree climb isn’t to bad they have certain courses for ages etc.

Glenelg is really nice is summer but if you want beaches I would head to Brighton or seacliff they are so much nicer and cleaner. You can hire paddle boards at seacliff by the hour aswell. Strawberry picking at Berenberg which is just outside of Hahndorf. Pity it wasn’t between mid feb and mid March as there is soooo much on with the arts festival

Comment

We stayed at the Marion Holiday Park when the kids were 6 & 8. They loved the park and most days didnt want to leave. You could have a couple of quiet days factored into your holiday.

By the way, one day we dragged the kids to Hahndorf and surrounds. We stopped at a brewery for lunch and another chocolate factory. The kids of course loved the chocolate factory and lolly shops in Hahndorf.

Comment

Semaphore have a cute little seaside steam train! And a huge old carousel!

Comment

Originally posted by babybeeno1 View Post
                      Tree climb isn’t to bad they have certain courses for ages etc.

Glenelg is really nice is summer but if you want beaches I would head to Brighton or seacliff they are so much nicer and cleaner. You can hire paddle boards at seacliff by the hour aswell. Strawberry picking at Berenberg which is just outside of Hahndorf. Pity it wasn’t between mid feb and mid March as there is soooo much on with the arts festival
                      Thank you!

Oh damn. Unfortunately DF needs to be there in January

Comment

Originally posted by GirlsRock View Post
                        We stayed at the Marion Holiday Park when the kids were 6 & 8. They loved the park and most days didnt want to leave. You could have a couple of quiet days factored into your holiday.

By the way, one day we dragged the kids to Hahndorf and surrounds. We stopped at a brewery for lunch and another chocolate factory. The kids of course loved the chocolate factory and lolly shops in Hahndorf.
                        Thanks! That sounds good. DS loves a chance to just play around over scheduled activities

Ohh that sounds fun! Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by MZmama View Post
                          Semaphore have a cute little seaside steam train! And a huge old carousel!
                          Oh! That sounds brilliant. Thanks!

Comment

Things to do in Adelaide

Morialta falls and nature playground- 15 mins from cbd

Monarto zoo

Maxwell wines maze - Mclaren Vale 45 mins from cbd
                            https://www.maxwellwines.com.au/Experience/Maze--Picnic
                            Last edited by Kazza78; 16-10-2021, 20:57.

Comment

https://www.woodhouse.org.au/experience/dayvisit/

Comment

Working...
                              X